038 magnum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

visor

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I've seen several references to 038's made in Brazil. Can someone fill me in on what's different about them and how do you identify them. I recently bought one from the local Stihl dealer. He had sold it originally to the county and had maintained it on regular basis and they traded it in on a new saw. I think they were trying to use up their budgeted funds. Use it or lose it.

I'm still trying to get that Homelite 924 running. It's good to have goals.

I have a 038 MAG that I bought new this past winter. It was made in Brazil. Would this have a restrictive muffler like US sold saws? I got it through a Canadian dealer. Would a muffler mod add some power to this saw?
Thanks

I've seen several references to 038's made in Brazil. Can someone fill me in on what's different about them and how do you identify them. I recently bought one from the local Stihl dealer. He had sold it originally to the county and had maintained it on regular basis and they traded it in on a new saw. I think they were trying to use up their budgeted funds. Use it or lose it.

I'm still trying to get that Homelite 924 running. It's good to have goals.
Just found a PDF online Brazil has been making stihl saws for over 40 years and makes cylinders by the millions these days so quite likely Brazil content in many stihl machines ive got a Brazil 038 and an apparently american made ms250 the american one doesn't even come close to the magnum for build quality

Latest posts

Back