041 AV Super Rebuild

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It won't take off power coat though...

Carb cleaner will remove the original finish off a Stihl saw. That leaves me doubting the original finish is powder coat. I also don't believe powder coat would chip and wear like they do. I personally believe Stihl leaves a lot to be desired with their finish. It is not what I would call durable. I've also noticed that a lot of older saws seem to hold up better than the knew ones. Take a look at all the old 015s on eBay. Look at my 030AV. You don't often see a newer saws finish hold up like that. I might be wrong, but it's just something I've noticed.

Wow

Been out for a bit, WOW what a sweet saw, I would be scared to run it, might scratch it, or at least get a little dust on it...... That could be a great rep photo for Stihl!!

I have one that I am working on, am wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of a chain brake setup. I don't have one on mine... My saw guy with the parts supply didn't have one, nor do any of the old rebuilders that he has laying around..

Thanks, Bryann

Carb cleaner will remove the original finish off a Stihl saw. That leaves me doubting the original finish is powder coat. I also don't believe powder coat would chip and wear like they do. I personally believe Stihl leaves a lot to be desired with their finish. It is not what I would call durable. I've also noticed that a lot of older saws seem to hold up better than the knew ones. Take a look at all the old 015s on eBay. Look at my 030AV. You don't often see a newer saws finish hold up like that. I might be wrong, but it's just something I've noticed.

The real old saws might not be powder coat, and carb cleaner doesn't seem to affect new powder coated saws at all.

Latest posts

Back