044 taken in the night...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarkBuster20

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Friday, sometime in the wee hours of the night my 044 was taken... Oddly enough they left all the other saws... I'v been lookin round for it... unfortuneatly it had my 110$ cannon super bar on it as well.

spent at least 12 hours looking for it... pawn shops are totally unhelpfull.. hoping the saw shops will be a little better. kinda only points in one direction though, when only 1 out of 4 of my saws were stollen, and nothing else was touched.

sorry dude that sucks bad....... a buddy i work with had somebody walk off with his 046 last summer and he never got it back....

You could try a reward on your local craigslist. its crazy they just stole one. goodluck

spent at least 12 hours looking for it... pawn shops are totally unhelpfull.. hoping the saw shops will be a little better. kinda only points in one direction though, when only 1 out of 4 of my saws were stollen, and nothing else was touched.
That sucks and I hope justice is served. What were the other saws that they left? That is strange that they didn't clean you out completely. That's almost like a buddy borrowed it and forgot to tell you

Last edited:
That sucks and I hope justice is served. What were the other saws that they left? That is strange that they didn't clean you out completely. That's almost like a buddy borrowed it and forgot to tell you

They left my 026, echo 4600, and ms 310. a long with a lot of other power tools. All my buddys know my saws are off limits, no different than my gf.. my 044 was hanging from the wall of the garage by the dogs, behind the door when you opened it, not very noticable. all my other saws were in the middle of the floor. I also have a very attentive german sheppard.. was certainly somone who knew it was there, and the dog... hopin i can find it, otherwise its gonna cut into winters production.

Must have been a one-armed bandit! If you catch him, you need to remove the other arm.

Maybe we can get together enought parts to build you one. I have a nice 044 cylinder to start with. Possibly a carb too.

sounds like someone you knew and who knew exactly what you had and what they wanted.

+1. That really blows. Seems like there are an increasing number of people out there who think it is OK to steal. Maybe then it is OK for me to do some "shock & awe" on them........Speaking of shocking, have you seen the price of copper wire lately?

The dog didn't bark? Do you think that the thief might have paid him off with a steak? Professional guard dogs are trained not to accept food from anyone but their handler, otherwise they could be getting food laced with tranquilizers or worse, poison.

I've noticed that those game cameras have been coming down in price. Might have to pick up one equipped with an infra red flash on it.

Did you record the serial # of the saw? Did you mark your name or some other means of identification somewhere on the saw? Hope you find out who your visitor was, & you get your saw back.

Could be various reasons why he/they would take only one saw. Looks less conspicuous carrying only one saw, maybe on foot, so could be close by.

Security camera's are cheap insurance and only record with movement and at night. If there is a tree in view for instance, you can cancel out this movement from the recording. Most don't consider a camera maybe present.

Twits who steel can do dumb things and quite often get caught out with the goods.

Speak to the cops for some tips on what to look out for.

All the best on finding it.

Sorry to hear that about your saw, hope you find it........all the luck in the world to ya. Sounds like someone you know, hope someone talks.

Thats bad news man. Had you had any friends over latly? Maybe someone who could have seen it and then came back later to get it? In any case, I hate a freaking thief!!!!!! I hope you find it and the thief gets dealt some justice!

thieves

This sort of thing seems to always increase this time of the year. I just found out today, that a farmer friend of mine who is 90 y.o. had 3 of his beagle pups stolen out in Chesapeake, Va. He filed a police report. We've been having a few unkept individuals walking through the neighborhood, knocking on the doors wanting to wash windows, etc.

Maybe we can get together enought parts to build you one. I have a nice 044 cylinder to start with. Possibly a carb too.

Thats a nice offer, but I will replace it myself if i can not recover it.. 026 will get me by untill i can replace. Maybe this is the excuse i need to pick up a 066.

Latest posts

Back