050 051 075 076 Info Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a flywheel from a saw wth electronic ignition, also your saw had electronic ignition from the factory as the stator plate would hold the seal and there would be no seal race in a points ignition saw. You can convert over to a new style starter but you need the flywheel and correct ignition to go with it (coil and module) and starter housing. Let me see if I can get some pictures.

Thanks for that pic Bill! If it ran before with elec ignition flywheel (the wapsa) i think it will again with the pawl style starter cup. Why not? I had that saw running wot for days, couldn't slow her down. I wish I had all the sawdust she made I'd start my own wood pellet factory!! ;-)

Yeah I tried the nova once in a 075 it does not work properly. U need to get the correct ignition in that saw or it will never work properly. or get a single magnet points flywheel and attempt to get the timing correct.

That later module is a Stihl part. Does that replace the previous trigger module?
Yes it does, however I beieve the flyweels may be different. The modules that mounted under the flywheel went bad from the heat and hence where placed on top of the saw and this corrected the problem. I have one complete ignition left but am going to keep it as these are my favorites to build. I built a long block yesterday for the first time in two years finally motivated again since my dad passed I lost my ambition.

If your saw came with points it required a specific coil. Then came some early electric that had a doughnut looking trigger. Then there was an electric coil with a trigger that came mounted on the cases below the top handle. I have 2 051 and a 076. If I get time next weekend. I will tear them down and post some picture. I have some parts saws too.

Actually u can adjust the points right through the window and a feeler gage is all u need. The windows are large on this flywheel so it's easy to adjust.

Pogo you think you had a heck of a time with the oiler wait until you see all the ignition combos.

I hear ya, Scott. Found that out doing a little research through DDave's material for Rockfarmer before Mr. Balaska so graciously stepped in and bailed me out!

(Thanks, William!) And +1 about your Dad. Great to see ya back into it a little...and we can use all the help you can give us here!

:laugh:

I hear ya, Scott. Found that out doing a little research through DDave's material for Rockfarmer before Mr. Balsaka so graciously stepped in and bailed me out!

(Thanks, William!) And +1 about your Dad. Great to see ya back into it a little...and we can use all the help you can give us here!

:laugh:

Agreed! Thanks Bill! You are an asset to this site as all of you are, many thanks appreciated to all!!

Much appreciated. Here is the unit I am putting back in service. First year 051. Went with a full wrap on this old girl. Forgot to order the worm drive seal and stator o ring otherwise almost all done.

Attachments

• 1395690242721.jpg
    1395690242721.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 73
  • 1395690352233.jpg
    1395690352233.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 77

Latest posts

Back