050 051 075 076 Info Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah that's the way it always goes. Still waiting to hear anything on muff. Bolt spacing on the 051 cylinder myself, as well as waiting on worm drive oil seal from dealer. Backordered 2-3 week delivery time.

Do the older style flywheels (part no. 1111 404 1204) work on the newer style electronic ignition with the Wapasa flywheels (solid flywheel, no windows)? Is the timing of the north and south poles the same? Thanks

I got the itch to put another 051 together and I have just finished most of the longblock today bearing, seals, piston all oem stuff. She's going to be a 9 out of 10 I thing as she was near new when the crank bearings came apart for some reason. First model year saw.

So the three hole worm and an 11 o'clock / 1 o'clock pin drive washer was what I settled on for the time being with this project using a .404 rim setup.
Was initially intending on going with the spur drum setup and the 9 o'clock / 3 o'clock pin drive (which would have been the original stock setup), but the spur drive drums I have didn't like .404 Stihl chain drive links for whatever reason.

Oh..., it oils like a mug!

Self3, I have a solid (no window) flywheel (wapasa) with missing fin. Thing is it still uses the old starter cup! It still works but I just dont like broken stuff. Can I update to the newer style pawl flywheel and pawl recoil setup?

Knock a fin off the opposite side for balance and don't push your luck. And why not just replace the flywheel you have if it's that important to you? The 1204 isn't exactly the "older flywheel' anyway. What saw are we even talking about here? An 075?

its an 051. I just cant find the same flywheel anywhere. Wapasa, anybody know where their all hiding? I like the idea of going to pawl style if I can anyway and they are a dime a dozen. I just dont like broken stuff. :cool:

I looked around ebay earlier after seeing your first post on the subject and there are quite a few options out there...sorta like oil pump solutions for the 1111 series saws.

What's the part number of your 'broken' flywheel and the serial number of your saw? And what recoil setup do you have if it's not already a pawl style?

Well, ya'd still need the tank/recoil housing for the pawl starter setup even if the flywheels were interchangeable between the different ignitions...which they aren't.

Yep. A man's got to know his limitations...and those of his chainsaw.

I did see a 1204 flywheel for $189. My limit there would be a pair o' vise-grips and a hammer to pop the opposite fin off the flywheel I already had and be done with it.

K just pulled the flywheel and it looks like the "electronic stator" is gone and replace with some sort of trigger. I was wrong about the flywheel, its missing 2 fins. Saw was milling great for long hours till the recoil came loose and thats when the second fin broke. Anyway I was also wrong on the spelling of the flywheel, Wapsa no 12166100, also a 6-80 on there and an ndWbras, whatever thats worth! Now the saw is an 051 no 6671644 vintage, oil fill on the side. Heres a couple pics.
IMG_0584.JPG IMG_0586.JPG IMG_0580.JPG

The picture of the flywheel against the bar, that not a cover window, thats solid!! So obviously I already ave the tank and the recoil housing. My question is; is the wapsa flywheel the same as the flywheels with the built in starter pawls? Thanks so much for your help! Appreciated!!

I'm gonna bail on this one and leave further comment to others with more knowledge on the 1111 recoil/ignition variations than myself. But if ya need Stihl part numbers relative to your serial, I still have Dave's 1111 research volume for reference.

I do know there was a 'kit' for doing a major refurb on the cup style recoils. Hell, may still even be available through a decent dealer, but lots of em will just go "huh?".

Latest posts

Back