050 051 075 076 Info Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks to me like that's exactly what it is. Heat it up enuff and it should be easy to remove with a bearing separator..., or pop it loose by any number of redneck methods that'll probably be recommended shortly.

Me? I'd heat the piss out of it while gripped in a vise and whack the crank with a deadblow to pop it loose....with a nut partially threaded onto the crank stub, of course.

I looked again and it looks like one piece, I used a fine pick to see if there was a seam there full of grime and there doesn't seem to be. Mediacat shows a step in that side of the crankshaft as well. I don't have any extras that aren't in saws to experiment on, If I accidently trash it I be copulated.
My neighbor the mechanic came over to get a new chain for his 039 and he looked at it too under the lighted magnifier and also thought it wasn't a broken race, but I can certainly be wrong.

I know I ask for advice and then don't take it, I am dumbass like a patient who ignores the doctors advise :)
Dave

This one came out of one of the spare crankcases I sent Rockfarmer, I accidently buggered the threads on the end of the one that came out of this crankcase. At least that is what I think I remember, I did it back in march?
I didn't think about a chopsaw maybe being different but I was told all the parts I bought were for 075, of course I found an 088 flywheel in there over the weekend, so :)
Dave

Buried the hatchet?
I ordered some stuff from him over the phone and he was pleasant as could be. I am getting too old for grudges I guess.
I am gonna order the parts for all 6 of these saws tomorrow from him if I can.
IMG_7509_zpsx9awqub6.jpg
IMG_7510_zpskhyesjqt.jpg

IMG_7511_zpsw6hdntgq.jpg

opposite side

IMG_7512_zpscgyvuyxs.jpg

IMG_7513_zps8zqaeebj.jpg

If you need a crank I got plenty! Typically the bearings should be pressed into the cases and then the crank gets installed and I pull the cases together with long bolts 5 mm, locate the two pins torque the ten screws alternating side to side like torquing a head or something hen center the crank if it's off at all a dead blow just to make sure it's centered. You can also use pogis old Harley trick of freezing bearing and heating cases, and they fall into place but I never had much luck ( or maybe patience) to get that method to work, lol

manuals show a "step" but they are drawings so it is a little hard to be sure, what I am really looking at and didn't see anything in the big codex of doom either
I will order an OEM part and see if it matches the one from motion I guess.
I will put a fresh set of eyes on it in the morning I guess :) Probably in the damn rain yet again
Dave

Latest posts

Back