050 051 075 076 Info Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Pogo! I won't even get into the time it takes to powdercoat. It does make a beautiful finish though. I'm going to do a few and then I have two supers to do with quick stops. One thing is that 99% of the saws I tear down have 1-5 stripped threads somewhere and it's usually the reason for the saws failure. I spend lots of money just on keenserts (helicoil is last option but sometimes no other choice). Like I said these old time loggers use just about anything to hold the saws together. I'm certainly not making money at it but I do love building these saws! My CAD

Pogo, I have MC and the ipl for the 075. Do you have the ipl for the 076. Im assuming its real close but just want to double check a few part numbers. I have found things that were not supposed to be there and many things that are missing. Also how do I check serial numbers on the blocks of 1111's and 1115's to see if they are 045-056 or 075-076? Thanks for your help!!!

My pleasure, sir.

Intended for download, but may also be view-able online depending on browser/plug-ins/apps.
I just got a new computer so trying to figure that all out is a challenge. I transferred most of my files over to it but its a whole new ballgame for me! omg Pogo these are incredible! Exactly what I needed!!!

Pogo, I have MC and the ipl for the 075. Do you have the ipl for the 076. Im assuming its real close but just want to double check a few part numbers. I have found things that were not supposed to be there and many things that are missing. Also how do I check serial numbers on the blocks of 1111's and 1115's to see if they are 045-056 or 075-076? Thanks for your help!!!
I think I have the ipl for the 076 I'll send it through shortly just need to access my computer
Regards DaveL

Rockfarmer, keep the pics coming mate.

I just bought an 051 with a chainbrake, stoked as they are as rare as hell according to my parts guy.

Thank you! Stripping the old paint, the grease and cleaning are the hardest parts, the powder coating is easy and fun! That's awesome that you got a Q! Yup hard to find and I owe mine to the guys on this site! Right now I'm putting a TS together for a guy who does stump grinding. Talk about beating the snot out of a saw. I'm going to ask him for an old one and see how and why it failed. He burns through one every year! Then I can get back to my build!

So a couple thoughts, first off that silly vent I was looking for i realized i had about 10 of them on junk 45 cases, same vent, different number on first part of numbers,... Second i remember Towing was looking for a 4mm ball some 10 pages back and I sent him one. They also used a 4mm ball on the intake plate to hold the choke lever in the off position probably the same spring too. just keep in mind if you have extras kicking around and in a pinch.

The main thing im thinking about is building an 050 with roller bearings and points and converting it to a 075 super. First the roller bearing is heavier duty than the ball bearing and will last longer. Second the way they govern rpm's on these saws is ignition triggers and carbs. So if you go with old points, a super intake stack and an ungoverned carb the possible rpm limit is who knows? I bet you could get that baby singing! So theres no manual oiler, big deal. The auto oiler throws more oil than i ever needed anyway. What do you guys think? Has this been done already? Ha, should be a hoot!

Oh thinking of bright red on my 076 handle and spikes with white air cleaner cover. Red and white should "pop" pretty good :) (its a prototype anyway, lol)

Rockfarmer, do you still need the 076 parts list. Sorry this took so long but I was having a problem trying to find it. It wasn't where I remember putting it. If you can pm an email I'll send it straight through.
Regards DaveL

I just bought an 051 with a chainbrake, stoked as they are as rare as hell according to my parts guy.
In the mid 80's I had to rebuild my dad's 075 that he'd given me (a friend of his sat it behind the truck's passenger side wheel and I backed in to it) and added the chain brake to it then. I can't remember what it cost, but a lot cheaper than one costs now LOL
Though there is one on ebay at the moment for $110.

In the mid 80's I had to rebuild my dad's 075 that he'd given me (a friend of his sat it behind the truck's passenger side wheel and I backed in to it) and added the chain brake to it then. I can't remember what it cost, but a lot cheaper than one costs now LOL
Though there is one on ebay at the moment for $110.

I just looked. I see one for an 041, sweet deal. If I was into the 041's I'd grab it for sure

Latest posts

Back