050 051 075 076 Info Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They all came with one. Unless you have a converted ts760 then yes you can add it. Is there a raised area where the button should be? If they took the time to convert it and put the oil pump in I would think they would've put in the manual push button at the same time. Is the cylinder bolted to the block at the base of the cylinder or are there not on the top of the cylinder holding it on? What I'm getting at is that will tell you whether it's an 051 or 075.

View attachment 446613

If it has that circular area it can
Be drilled and tapped and a different pump can be installed with a manual oiler.
Its supposed to be a 075 thats what I was told when I got it i can get serial number if that would help determine what it is 4sure my local dealer said they can only go back to 2000 an no older on numbers

Ok thank you i haven't heard mine run yet so i didn't know lol. How bout adding the parts 2 make it a 076 super what all would i need ?
I'm not exactly sure. I know you need a high rise manifold and support bracket for air filter base plate. Also they came with a quick stop. Not sure what else you need. For a full wrap handlebar most of the loggers/fellers cut the bar right at the bottom of the sprocket cover to ease the process of removing sprocket cover and dealing with chain issues in the woods.

I'm not exactly sure. I know you need a high rise manifold and support bracket for air filter base plate. Also they came with a quick stop. Not sure what else you need. For a full wrap handlebar most of the loggers/fellers cut the bar right at the bottom of the sprocket cover to ease the process of removing sprocket cover and dealing with chain issues in the woods.
What type of mount an or bracket do i need for that side of saw. I may be coming in 2 an 075 today and I would luke 2 convert it to the 076 super with the full wrap handle an depending on compression install some rings an use it to fall some timber an maybe some fire wood definitely use it 4 bucking my 066 went down yesterday bad coil i think so 2day im falling with my trusty 041 have to pull around alil bit more in the cut but getn job did lol.

First Page. Regarding the super
The 076 Super

IMO a bit of a gimmick. Kind of fits in with;

The Super didn't have any more displacement. The Super had the WS-26A whereas the 076AVE/Q the HS-60D (both rev limited via control valve). There are some other differences such as the higher intake block, holes in handle frame etc. However, regardless of what the IPL shows, I think some of the changes might be attributed to the date/age rather than the specific model.

Something I have not been able to find out;
did the labelled quickstop models have the isolating clutch?
All Super models were also quickstop models (please feel free to correct me). The 076AVEQ and 076AVSEQ model tags appear to have stopped being used in 1983 (up to serial number X 11 452 120, (25.1983)).
The round head rivets are also shown to stop being used at the same time. So I presume the 076AVE tag stopped also (it is shown with an asterix, meaning previous model but no tech references).

The decompression valve (1124 020 9400) is shown up to X 11 094 220, (25.1983). Hence, looks like some Supers won't have had it.

I was told by Stihl Technical the 076 manufacturing run ended in 1986.

I've always assumed mine was a super because it had the Ws-26 carb. 076 cluh cover.jpg DSCN0001-2.JPG 076 and 880 talking things over.jpg
I also been using the Ts760 filter because it does seem to work a lot better. I never felt like the stock filter worked very good especially for the fine's that I got when milling.

I need the av mount foe the full wrap handle on the 075 does it have 1 or 2 mounts in it it has non full wrap an a bad mount i want 2 swap a full wrap on it what mounts do i need anybody know part#s?
I'll try to find one tonight and take a pic. Basically it's the same av mount on the bottom except on the drive side the is no tube on the mount. The screw goes through that mount washer av mount tube and into the existing av and mount. Should look just like a mount on either side. Sprocket cover needs half moon notch to give room for full wrap. If you look at the back you'll see where it's already got the casting built into it just grind it out with die grinder. I couldn't find one on the bay but look around I'm sure you can find one. Av mounts are on there 7$.

I'll try to find one tonight and take a pic. Basically it's the same av mount on the bottom except on the drive side the is no tube on the mount. The screw goes through that mount washer av mount tube and into the existing av and mount. Should look just like a mount on either side. Sprocket cover needs half moon notch to give room for full wrap. If you look at the back you'll see where it's already got the casting built into it just grind it out with die grinder. I couldn't find one on the bay but look around I'm sure you can find one. Av mounts are on there 7$.
So the handle mount its self on sprocket side is different?

Latest posts

Back