064 stihl cylinder fixable?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the info! I have new crank seals for it. Going to make a flywheel puller on the lathe at work tomorrow. I needed to get a new vaccum tester anyway. Thanks again.

Ok got another question the new seal I have looks nothing like the one that's in the saw. Am I just looking at it wrong? 20170718_205030.jpg 1500425779042505219901.jpg

First pic above shows Stihl's proprietary pto (clutch) bearing for 1122s. Granted it's an AM knockoff but same design. See the recess in the second pic? That's where a seal should go.

The third pic could very well be what we're looking at. Meaning, the bearing is in backwards.

I can't believe it ran. There's no practical way to seal that bearing up. Who knows what else is wrong...

I'd split it and start fresh. They're good saws (I have 3... all complete rebuilds).

Didn't know the bearing would go in backwards. Wonder if they put a seal on the other side? Or if the seal would even work because it would be backwards as well, that is if they put a seal in it.

Thanks again for all the advice/help. I appreciate it! Got to put a bunch more parts on the list. It's getting longer by the day.

Thinking about this today. I personally have never seen that so I was wondering if the greater AS community ever has... a quick search came up with 0 hits.

Honestly I get everything oriented correctly when doing bearings and I still talk myself through it.

I just can't believe that ran.

Latest posts

Back