066 Magnum Big Bore Project

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All you need it the serial numebr and the latest ipls! and read the friggin' tech notes! All of them... Seriously.. an IPL is only valid in conjunction with the tech notes...

guess the amish local dealers aren't up to date with their old paper manuals...

Hell, 2 years ago I gave them the numbers for the gasket sets....they thought I was smoking something!!!!!!

tech notes tech botes tech notes tech notes tech notes tech notes

and....

tech notes tech botes tech notes tech notes tech notes tech notes :greenchainsaw:

and....

tech notes tech botes tech notes tech notes tech notes tech notes :greenchainsaw:

What if Brad cant read?

guess the amish local dealers aren't up to date with their old paper manuals...

Hell, 2 years ago I gave them the numbers for the gasket sets....they thought I was smoking something!!!!!!

They have a problem.... Stihl no longer sends out new paper - you now print them directly from Mediacat!

1052 has both case gaskets and all the seals needed to rebuild either an 064, 066 early, 066 late, and MS-660. There are only two types of 066 cases.

..and the the 1052 has vanisihed from the the available parts... :cry: :cry: :cry: It was a great deal for all the years it was available.

blsnelling said:
There are three.

1. Small crank stub and bearing on flywheel side. Small oil tank.
2. Large crank stub and bearing. Small oil tank.
3. Large crank stug and bearing. Large oil tank.

There are only two types of case gaskets available for the full range of 064/066/MS-660 saws. This is what I mean.

I finally got to drop this thing in some wood today. It started easily and idled well. It's not turning the RPMs I initially thought, but is still a respectable 13,700. With a 36" full comp chain, I dropped it in some solid 28" Oak. I'm impressed. This is going to be a fun saw once I get it ported. It already is for that matter. My initial impression is that Baileys is doing something right here with what ever changes they've made to this kit. Yes, the bottom of the piston skirt free ports about .020" at TDC, but it runs and idles great. For all you on the fence, or worse, give it a try. I think you'll be highly impressed. This cylinder WILL be getting ported, probably sooner than later. I'm impressed enough with it stock that I'm anxious to see what she can do.

066bb

I think that it would be worth it to BB my 066 in the future and this just confirmed it. I'm going to start putting some new parts on it. I don't know if any of you noticed from the pictures I posted of it, that it has the wrong starter cover on it. The one that is on it now is from an older 066.....mine takes the newer 660 style cover. And the plastic is cracked on the flywheel side as well. So it will be getting new plastic as well.:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

Back