066 meltdown and rebuild

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the 1/2 of the bearings in...

P2281703.jpg

The numbers match but the new stuff is open rather than shielded on one side. A minor set back. Not sure where the disconnect was, I'll bird-dog the bearing thing more tomorrow.

Google search for NTN 6203Z gets WAY more hits than the ts-2 part number.

Thinking about going with a fully sealed unit and popping off the inside seal.

The saga continues:

Mix up on the warehouse end, they're fixing it though.

As for the clutch side, no dice. We found 'em overseas, at $97 bucks a pop. UGNH.

Things like customs shipping etc. drive up the cost fast since I'm not purchasing them in bulk (like Stihl does).

Group buy discount on a pallet/container full. C'mon guys. :laugh:

The saga continues:

Mix up on the warehouse end, they're fixing it though.

As for the clutch side, no dice. We found 'em overseas, at $97 bucks a pop. UGNH.

Things like customs shipping etc. drive up the cost fast since I'm not purchasing them in bulk (like Stihl does).

Group buy discount on a pallet/container full. C'mon guys. :laugh:

ARGH I was really hoping that you would find us a source... Guess I will go get a walletectomy at the local dealer. Thanks for trying Phil, I am still subscribed to see the rebuild!

Open on both sides is fine. I remove them when they're on a bearing.

Great, thanks for the heads up! I might just press in the ones I have rather than go through the process of shipping them back, etc...

ARGH I was really hoping that you would find us a source... Guess I will go get a walletectomy at the local dealer. Thanks for trying Phil, I am still subscribed to see the rebuild!

UPDATE:
Just got off the phone with SKF, and they gave me the following info:

1. 363232AC was prefixed with BB1B
2. AC then changed to AD
3. AD should be followed by VK166

So if you can find an SKF bearing with BB1B363232ADVK166 on it... Well...

And finally... It's considered to be a "dead" item. Poop.

Try putting it in quotes: "NTN 6203Z"

That seems to work just fine for finding the bearings. By putting in the quotes, you force Google to recognize the text as one logical unit, rather than NTN or 6203Z

That's how my bearing search went as well. :cheers:

www.vxb.com seems to have what most folks are looking for.

Slowly heated the flywheel side in the over to just 300 and dropped in the bearing.

I figure that I'll just bite the bullet and buy the clutch side. Unless...

Latest posts

Back