066 serial #help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

like2surf

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a chance to buy a super clean 066. The serial # is 126317364. Can anybody tell me what year it was made. I've heard that some of the old 066 were not so desirable due to the small crank,bearings, etc. It does have the aluminum flywheel. How much is it worth? Should I be concerned because of the aluminum flywheel.
Thanks Scott

Last edited:
I don't know about the serial number on that one, but some folks like the old flat top 066 better and say it has more power than the newer round top edition. You may not want one with a red light which is a rpm limiter. You can tell by whether it has the red light above the adjustment screws. And if it has a 3/4 wrap, big clutch cover, and dual port muffler cover that would be a plus as well. My 066 is a 2002 newer poly flywheel model with the round top and I've been very happy with it. I paid $580 and they tend to run $550-$700 around here with a few scratches but in good shape. And thats with all the extras.

Latest posts

Back