• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 066

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brian99574

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Got an 066 with new piston. Previous owner replaced piston. Not sure if it is oem or aftermarket.about a half dozen tanks on piston. 3/4 wrap handle with scrench holder. Dual large spikes. Not a beauty queen but a great runner. Pulls 28" 404 full comp no problem. Powerhead only. Choice of 3/8 or 404 sprocket. Asking 600 plus shipping. Open to trades as w20150930_181742.jpg 20150930_181752.jpg 20150930_181757.jpg ell.

Stihl cylinder and piston still has machine marks. Slight scratches on cylinder. Dont have a compression gauge 20160213_163242.jpg 20160213_163121.jpg 20160213_163604.jpgbut pulls over strong. Fires right up. Ready to cut. Aluminum flywheel. Dual port muffler.20160213_163545.jpg

Stihl cylinder and piston still has machine marks. Slight scratches on cylinder. Dont have a compression gauge View attachment 485791 View attachment 485792 View attachment 485793but pulls over strong. Fires right up. Ready to cut. Aluminum flywheel. Dual port muffler.View attachment 485790

Still don't believe that's a stihl cylinder and piston. Looks to have nwp cylinder and piston based on the black cylinder and piston rings. The scratches in the cylinder is probably from the fresh cylinder being honed at the factory.

Based on welder 56 info I'm gonna go with it has an aftermarket piston n cylinder. Whoever buys the saw can verify if it's oem or aftermarket. Thanks for info welder56.

thing is, i know you said the new owner can verify if it has an AM P/C but really you should cause if it is AM (especially NWP kit) it's only worth about $300 shipped absolute max and that's to someone who really really wants an 066. if it's OEM it will be worth more but judging by the split groove rings it's without a doubt AM. the fact that it is a flat top saw with a decomp cylinder tells alot of the story. i'm not even trying to hurt your sale, i'm really just saying you should figure these things on your own and know what your selling to be fair with your pricing. $600+shipping is decently clean all OEM flat top pricing. alot of guys here including myself make good and sure the saws we sell are what they are fully disclosed and are priced fairly. alot of new members don't understand yet but AM parts degrade value, they don't retain value.

Thanks for the info. I didn't realize AM parts hurt a saw so much. I don't need the sale but if someone is willing to pay for the saw I'm willing to sell it. If they are not happy they can ship the saw back and I'll gladly refund the money. I'd rather lose a lil money selling an old saw versus seeing it end up in the dump. Not the prettiest saw out there but it's a great runner and I'm sure it will provide years of use to next person. I'll look into the saw a lil more and see what I can find out about the saw. Thanks for the info on the saw.

Thanks for the info. I didn't realize AM parts hurt a saw so much. I don't need the sale but if someone is willing to pay for the saw I'm willing to sell it. If they are not happy they can ship the saw back and I'll gladly refund the money. I'd rather lose a lil money selling an old saw versus seeing it end up in the dump. Not the prettiest saw out there but it's a great runner and I'm sure it will provide years of use to next person. I'll look into the saw a lil more and see what I can find out about the saw. Thanks for the info on the saw.

not all AM is bad, it just doesn't hold the value of an all OEM saw. if you selling on craigslist it's a different story although everything should be disclosed but here some common sellers really go above all to make sure they know exactly what they are selling. this is so the buyer knows exactly what he is getting to avoid future problems.

If a buyer is unhappy with the saw I'm willing to make it right even if I have to ship it back to me and refund the full amount. I believe this is a great saw for a third the price of a new 90cc saw and will provide years of great use to them. Thanks for the input guys.

Tempting but I don't do in tree work. Have no use for the saw. Thanks for the offer.

Back