075/076 Family?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer Gut

A Fine Pilsner
Reaction score
Recently I have been looking into one of these saws but would like some more info. There is the 075 AV and the 076 AV Super are there other models in this family, and which are the best? I know the 075 is a 111cc what were the 076's (cc/HP). Are all these saw identical in appearance and are all parts compatible? Examples can a 075 be upgraded to a 076 by simply changing P&C, can body parts be swapped from one to another? I had a chance to run a friend of mines 075AV I liked but it seems to run slow compared to my modern saws what are the RPM ratings for these beasts? Are they rev limited or governed and can they be modded to run faster?

Thanks

Thanks read the whole thing rep sent..

It sounds like small differences, all were 111cc and would have to go late into 076 production to find a little more power from 7 to 7.2 hp. Other than that some holes in the crankcase and ignition modules.

I'm looking to get a late winter restoraton project and I thought one of these would be fun..

I've got a pretty clean 075 that i've been completely through. They're not bad to work on, just big and heavy. My 075 is one of my favorites, i love it with a 36" .404 B&C. Definitely would make a good project, enjoy!

When they talk about rev limited in the carb with these saws is modding pulling limiter caps or something else? How do you change the rev limit?

Cant go wrong with any of these saws IMO, they are all rather beastly. However it is my understanding that the 050/051 were slightly smaller than the 075/076 (89cc to the larger 111cc). These saws were never meant to be the same as the modern high revving machines, they make it up in sheer torque.

Back