084 Differences and Info

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad I found this thread. I have a pair of these saws.

128548893: Clean low hour saw. 3/4 wrap. Ported by Jason - JMS Saws. Yes, I'm familiar with Jason's reputation, but he was supposed to be pretty good with an 084, and the guy I got it from (AS member) went through it before I bought it. Has a HD air filter but may swap to a MaxFlow. Came with an extra unported jug and piston in good condition. Has a ported OEM muffler but I have a muffler fabbed up by an AS member that I'm itching to try on it.
DSCN2373.JPG

DSCN2374.JPG
DSCN2488.JPG

116339082: Fairly clean saw. Bought as a project from a guy in England (think he's a member here). Needed a jug and piston so I used the one that came with my other 084 but went with new Caber rings. Came without a muffler so I sourced a nice OEM muffler that was ported. Full wrap handle from AS member. Did a gasket delete and ended up with .020 squish. Has an HT7 carb that I rebuilt. New fuel lines and impulse line. New intake boot, too. Has a non-HD air filter; need to change that. Just about finished with the rebuild; just need a few more miscellaneous parts. Supposed to be selling to my neighbor, but I'm going to have a hard time letting it go. I think I have about $800 tied up in it, too.

DSCN2467.JPG
DSCN2472.JPG
More to follow!

Scott

So, my 116339082 saw doesn't have spark. It has the 3 hole coil - 1124 400 1305 (stamped Bosch 2 204 222 114). It has the trigger 1118 400 1001 (stamped 1 217 280 113). This is the unlimited setup. Has the matching flywheel 1124 400 1200 with single keyway.

Took everything apart, cleaned up, and will reinstall and see if it has fire now.

Scott

Sorry,I didn't read thru all(!) the posts,but in reference to the carb cover with the black rubber flap,that would be part of the winter(Artic) kit available from Stihl to run the saw in very cold conditions and prevent carb freezing. The kit usually included an orange plastic shield that also blocked off the lower part of the fan cover to create more heat. You needed to punch out a marked hole to the top cover just to the right of the spark plug to draw in heat to the carb from the "hot" side of the cyl. The kit came with a rubber plug to close that heat hole in normal weather.

Back