084 Differences and Info

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is starting to hurt the ole back pocket. I spent a small fortune at the dealer today. I broke down and bought a brand new cylinder kit for the new 084 case, along with all new plastic, new bar cover, and tons of other parts. I also bought a new OEM piston for the nearly complete 084 I bought. I'm still looking for a good used jug. Last night I picked up a clean 066 jug on eBay. I bought a new OEM piston for it today. Picked up a new filter cover for it too. I got my brand new 084 tank in the mail today. It's going to be a bute, and it should be for what I'm going to have in it. As usual, I wasn't anticipating putting this much into it. It's hard to quit once you get started.

Last edited:
This is starting to hurt the ole back pocket. I spent a small fortune at the dealer today. I broke down and bought a brand new cylinder kit for the new 084 case, along with all new plastic, new bar cover, and tons of other parts. I also bought a new OEM piston for the nearly complete 084 I bought. I'm still looking for a good used jug. Last night I picked up a clean 066 jug on eBay. I bought a new OEM piston for it today. Picked up a new filter cover for it too. I got my brand new 084 tank in the mail today. It's going to be a bute, and it should be for what I'm going to have in it. As usual, I wasn't anticipating putting this much into it. It's hard to quit once you get started.

All this effort for Cut4fun's Rooster Tail Thread. :rockn:

List was $38x. I got it for $336. Still not cheap by any means. What surprised me was that a 066 cylinder kit is more. I don't recall the number since I only ordered a piston.

I'm still trying to source a good muffler, starter, and 3/4-wrap handle.

Last edited:
Anyone got a price on a recoil housing? PN 1124 080 1800. Man I wish I could scoop up the one that sold a week or two ago. It'd be a shame to have to paint one grey part on the saw. All the rest of the grey will be new.

Pretty sure it was Andy who said OEM is better because of the steel insert in piston top. Which makes it stronger and more durable to heat.

I dd say that, but now I'm not so sure if there is an insert in the top or not... I just cut one open and it didn't have and insert; pretty sure it was oem. I still won't use other than oem in this saw...

Anyone got a price on a recoil housing? PN 1124 080 1800. Man I wish I could scoop up the one that sold a week or two ago. It'd be a shame to have to paint one grey part on the saw. All the rest of the grey will be new.

$145 complete. About $87 for just the metal side cover.

Brad what day you heading up this way to pick your stuff up? You could stop by on your way back through the area.

Latest posts

Back