084 Differences and Info

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the nearly complete 084. At a glance, it appears to need a P&C, chain brake hand guard, filter cover, sprocket, and new rubber on the top handle. The crank is good. It looks to be a nice clean saw. It also comes with a good recoil and bar cover with fresh paint.

240614254-M.jpg

240614161-M.jpg

You must be a blood hound finding all that stuff that quick. WTG.

:cheers: :bowdown: :cheers:

Here's the parts 084. I believe the crank bearins are bad, but the rod is good. In that case, I'll pull this crank and put it in the brand new case I'm buying. It'll also get the brand new tank/rear handle. The other 084 is too clean and complete to rob parts from, so I'll be needing a lot of parts to complete this saw. I'll steal everything I can from the donor saw including chainbrake components and whatever else I can. There are more parts not pictured. I will likely buy all new orange plastic for it for the HD air filter setup.

At a minimum I know I need:
  1. P&C
  2. All orange plastic pieces
  3. Flywheel and coil

Like I said, there are more parts, but I don't know what all's there yet. When I get done with this one, I intend for it to look new and run MUCH better than new. It WILL NOT be stock:hmm3grin2orange:

240614143-M.jpg

240614172-M.jpg

HOWDY FOLKS!!!!

I just wanted to jump in on the 084 fray here. I'm in need of a P/C myself as of yesterday. I have logs piled up that need millin'!!!! HELP!!!!

We ought to start a 084 club.:cheers: That way you just cant go buy a new saw and say I'm in the club now. :hmm3grin2orange:

Here's a more complete list of parts I'll be needing for the 084s. The condition of paint is not important, although they do need to be crack free.
  1. Brand new engine shroud and complete HD filter setup
  2. HT7A carb
  3. Flywheel
  4. Coil
  5. Starter
  6. Muffler
  7. Top handle
  8. Dual spikes
  9. Oiler
  10. Bar cover
  11. Clutch & drum

Here's a more complete list of parts I'll be needing for the 084s. The condition of paint is not important, although they do need to be crack free.
  1. Brand new engine shroud and complete HD filter setup
  2. HT7A carb
  3. Flywheel
  4. Coil
  5. Starter
  6. Muffler
  7. Top handle
  8. Dual spikes
  9. Oiler
  10. Bar cover
  11. Clutch & drum

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Something to chew on

5 cylinders /piston- 2 good .Other 3 cyls with visual scuffing only.Can't feel it on the finger nail.
Waiting on 400 grit cyl hone I just ordered.
=> I NEED THREE OF THE FIVE !!!!
Depending how they turn out -maybe 2 avail !! Don't know what
$$'s but will try to help you guys out if interested.

Still thinking about what I've read about AM - pistons.
Pretty sure it was Andy who said OEM is better because of the steel insert in piston top. Which makes it stronger and more durable to heat.
OK - what about a compromise ? AM with ceramic top coat on piston.
Also the AM generally is rougher and has more casting dag that needs to be cleaned off first.

Has been mentioned some AM cylinders are NIkilsil and some are'nt.
Q. Who knows of a AM supplier with confirmed Nikilsil bore ?

AM - Nikilsil bore with AM piston/ceramic top etc .Sounds effectively good at half the price !!!!!!

.02 & SADPockets :( :givebeer:

Last edited:
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

+1

thats a heck of a pricey list there BS. Make sure of the Clutch drum type you have on the saws, there is 2 different ones for the 84's.
Andy can tell you more if needed on specific changes from one to the other.

5 cylinders /piston- 2 good .Other 3 cyls with visual scuffing only.Can't feel it on the finger nail.
Waiting on 400 grit cyl hone I just ordered.
=> I NEED THREE OF THE FIVE !!!!
Depending how they turn out -maybe 2 avail !! Don't know what
$$'s but will try to help you guys out if interested.

Please do let us know.

I'm not done yet:clap: There's still a chance I'll be acquiring this complete runner. Notice the exhaust port. Does that look stock to you? That could be good or bad. I'd prefer to do any porting myself these days.

239316677-M.jpg

Im no expert but it looks like someones done some work.....

Latest posts

Back