084 Differences and Info

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That thing looks fun:hmm3grin2orange:. I think Al's piped mini mac is a little more intimidating though:chainsaw: . Also, I talked to my friend with the saw mill. He doesn't have any popular now, just cherry and oak. He will call me if he does find anything.

He doesn't have any popular now, just cherry and oak.

I have no problem making cookies out of Oak and Cherry. How bout you Kevin?:clap: Oh, I forgot it might make our saws cut a little slower and ruin those fancy chains.
I think I will call this one Thor.
Since we're going with names like that, I'll just have to settle for Zeus, "King of the gods"

Last edited:
I have no problem making cookies out of Oak and Cherry. How bout you Kevin?:clap: Oh, I forgot it might make our saws cut a little slower and ruin those fancy chains.

Since we're going with names like that, I'll just have to settle for Zeus, "King of the gods"

I don't think Kevin would use his race chains on anything but softwoods like popular or aspen. I don't know how much they cost but I know they wear out extremely fast. I will keep my eyes out for a popular log, I never cut them for firewood, I only sell hardwoods.

I guess since were doing the greek gods theme I’ll have to name mine Perseus...... I don’t think anybody’s gonna expect to much out of a saw named Perseus. :D :laugh:

I have no problem making cookies out of Oak and Cherry. How bout you Kevin?:clap:

I dont have any problems with it either Brad. Seems that I remember cutting some Shag bark hickory at one gtg and some ash and oak I believe at another gtg with work chains and I dont believe I remember any of your saws being at the top of the list in cut times. :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:
Plus I was running factory untouched off the reel work chains then too. :cheers:

Last edited:
Hey Brad this KD880 has plenty of muscles for you and is spiffy to look at. I hear tell it might be on the market and even comes with a modded muffler.
Tease tease tease tease in U. ;) Just open that wallet with some WD-40 and Ka-ching the bling it yours. :cheers:
MS880.jpg

880.jpg

So what did you get Brad? 066 084 or 660 088 880. Just watched a 066 go cheap. Seems like the builders go for cheap, like a dime a dozen.
Good Luck.

P.S. That 084 auction at the hang out is calling you. ;)

P.S. That 084 auction at the hang out is calling you. ;)

Hadn't seen that one. I'll be watching now.

It's taking some time to get these deals squared away. I guess some people have a life and have other interests besides chainsaws:clap: The people I've been dealing have been busy. A verbal agreement has been made for a clean 066 RL minus P&C, a complete 084 minus P&C, and a 084 parts saw. I've also purchased a brand new 084 tank/rear handle as well as a brand new case with main bearings. Now you know why I need a couple P&Cs. I'm not sure yet what I'll be doing with everything. I know my saw will get the best of each saw. I'll either part out the rest, or built another saw or two from the pieces. It depends on what all I'll need. I was also dealing on a complete running 084 with HD air filter, full-wrap handle, and a 36" bar and chain. I haven't been able to wrap that one up yet either. As you can see, I've got a lot of irons in the fire, but nothing in hand yet. I guess I need to learn some patience and enjoy the hunt.

I can see it now, Brad will have his parts 084 on one end of a double ended bar and his restored 084 on the other end to whip on the pipe saws. Am I close...??? :greenchainsaw:

Back