084 Project ???'s

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

99busa

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am trying to revive a 084 that has many issues. It needs a top end, and has been rode hard and put away wet. The clutch area has me stumped. The clutch brake mechanism is missing completely. That i can conquer later, however the 4 springs that drive the oiler gear off the clutch drum are gone. The question i have is that the oil pump cover is eaten/ worn away right under the clutch drum. The rest of the cases look okay, its just damaged on the cover plate. What does this, is it when the 4 springs break, and get ground up under the clutch drum?? This saw has been sitting, and maybe even was a parts unit, so it is hard to tell what happened.

Put your pics in the forum for you

I am trying to revive a 084 that has many issues. It needs a top end, and has been rode hard and put away wet. The clutch area has me stumped. The clutch brake mechanism is missing completely. That i can conquer later, however the 4 springs that drive the oiler gear off the clutch drum are gone. The question i have is that the oil pump cover is eaten/ worn away right under the clutch drum. The rest of the cases look okay, its just damaged on the cover plate. What does this, is it when the 4 springs break, and get ground up under the clutch drum?? This saw has been sitting, and maybe even was a parts unit, so it is hard to tell what happened.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Back