090's...How many r out there???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Z4lunch, I have one. :) It's the coolness factor of having a big saw few folks know about. I reckon it's not really that great a chainsaw, but it's the biggest gun Jonsey ever made (along with a similar-looking model from around 1960) and that counts for something.

Dennis has a really odd one. Notice there's no air cleaner cover on his.

Somebody say pics? Here's what I first saw.

This thread raises a good question but from a slightly different angle in my mind.
Does anyone know the actual production numbers for the 090, those in North America and perhaps world wide.
I would think they produced thousands over the years.
Anyone know?

Hey guy's and gals and oh ya John,
Steve here...
The wife says my 090's quite managable with the 13 inch duromatic and a ten pin sprocket...whata ya think.
Steve

Can you guys tell me the specs of the big 090? Having never seen one in the flesh, I am very curious?

Steve here...
I know of two 090's in Wisconsin, but there not for sale either.LOL

The 090 is 8.35 cu 136cc's 8.5 hp at 7000. I would go with that being as conservative as it gets. My old one spins 10 in small hard wood with a 10 pin sprocket. The saw dosen't even know it's in wood
Steve

I have a brand new 090 thats never been ran(except at the factory). Unfortunatly I don't have a pic, but one day when my son takes the business it might just be one of the few new one's left.

Thanks for the specs Steve. It souns like a real monster. I haven't ever seen one but will keep my eyes open. Stihls pop up at auctions now and then.

0h 9 Oh

Steve here...
Been adding to my collection a little...

The two saws on the left are like new.. date coded '84. The saw on the top right non AV is date coded '76. The saw on the bottom right is new. And was made in the late '90's

Last edited:
aaf_cry.gif

the one saw i have hear is the saw before the 090, well i have 2 of them ,contra with a 137 cc called the super , the normal contra is like the 070, tons of torque and cuts quite fast for a old saw

now i have seen this saw 3 times,one of the old dealers here has a twin stihl, he has now died so i donot know where it has gone , his son is a druggy so who knows he could of sold it for some drugs, stihl says they never made a saw like this but i remember him telling me that he brought it from Germany when he was over seeing family, if i can remember i think it had 110 on the top cover
now i have never see anything like it any where else and i know it is real rare, i donot know the cc of the motor but it was built like a 090 just with twin jugs , not sure if they were 070 jugs or what size they were.

now has anybody have the 157cc of the 090 , i know of 2 saws that have that jug , both were used in racing back in there day ,Jerry Gingress has one also

157CC? is that an alky saw? I'll take it no matter what it is!
The power craze has a real solid grip on me and aint lettin go.

Latest posts

Back