125cc motor needed ideas?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

southernstyle

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Howdy,

I'm looking for A 90-125cc 2stroke motor to build A saw. I am finding 49cc pocket bike motors on ebay real cheap, but my stihl 031 has that much power.

I would like to find one with pull start as apposed to kick start, but If anyone has any ideas how to build A pull start for A kick start motor I will try to find A KX-125 motor.

Thanks A bunch for the help!

Howdy,

I'm looking for A 90-125cc 2stroke motor to build A saw. I am finding 49cc pocket bike motors on ebay real cheap, but my stihl 031 has that much power.

I would like to find one with pull start as apposed to kick start, but If anyone has any ideas how to build A pull start for A kick start motor I will try to find A KX-125 motor.

Thanks A bunch for the help!

Forget about the little bike motors. Your best off to run a 125 kawi, yamaha, honda suzuki late model motor at minimum. The pulley is the easy part.

Just use a throw away starter rope. take off all the kick start junk, then put a notched pulley on the end of the crankshaft and wrap the rope, you just get one crack at starting it though.

Found the motor!

I picked this one up today... 49cc with big bore kit.
I like the idea of keeping it light as I will be using this quite alot.

Also I am thinking about using 1/4" aluminum for building the frame/handle mounts. I will have to see so shots of other custom builds to get ideas for the bar mount. The crank is in the middle of the motor so I will have to run A chain from that up about 6" to the saw chain pulley. At least thats the way I got it pictured right now...

Latest posts

Back