13 year old running a MS660!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BloodOnTheIce

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Around my area there is a crew of Amish logging with horses, I've seen a couple younger kids working with the crew running horse.
But today the one non Amish guy who drives them around stopped in with young Amish kid, carrying a MS660 w/ 24" bar and chain.
Long story short the kid who is 13 runs the "small 660" as he calls it and his dad runs the "big 660" with a 36" bar and once he turns 16 he can use the "big 660". He had to be 5'3" and 120 pounds dripping wet.
They came because they broke the bar tensioner screw after running it with only 1 bar nut on for 3 full days of logging Black Walnut. This story is pointless, but couldn't believe the kid was running such a big saw.

Why's that a big deal though? I mean if you've grown up doing work your whole life and aren't afraid of work and putting in the time for family and friends then a 660 would be light. But most of us have only recently in life started to actually work. I was on a 046 (I think it was) when I was 12. Yes it's heavy and hard work but when you're fueling 15 people and they all do their part you don't want to be the weak link in the chain. Trust me.

Last edited:
I ran my first big saw when i was twelve it was a 655 poulanpro . i had a blast doing it and i was hoocked eever since. that kid probly feelslike he's on top of the world i know i did.

attachment.php

My wife is only 10 years old and runs a MS660.......She's only 5'4

Shes a leaper ....:laugh: :laugh:

I was 10 years old when i 1st started running a chainsaw. It was my fathers Jonsered 51e. Of course it didnt involve cutting a tree down, but it did involve the perfectly good picnic table having the legs cut off and the table being used as the floor in my 1st club house. Even though i thought i did well, some others didnt care for me in my scrounging type of ways:chainsaw:

Last edited:
i was running an 084 on the landing behind the skidder when i was 13, so as long as the person can handle the saw whats the big deal

Around my area there is a crew of Amish logging with horses, I've seen a couple younger kids working with the crew running horse.
But today the one non Amish guy who drives them around stopped in with young Amish kid, carrying a MS660 w/ 24" bar and chain.
Long story short the kid who is 13 runs the "small 660" as he calls it and his dad runs the "big 660" with a 36" bar and once he turns 16 he can use the "big 660". He had to be 5'3" and 120 pounds dripping wet.
They came because they broke the bar tensioner screw after running it with only 1 bar nut on for 3 full days of logging Black Walnut. This story is pointless, but couldn't believe the kid was running such a big saw.

Hell, Ill be 39 in a few weeks and Im not much bigger than the Amish kid is, LOL.:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

My my my and to think, on this site if one model weighs more a few ounces than another model its considered wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to heavy, so funny, 13 year olds prove it to be what is really is, a bunch of non-sense to argue about and nothing more. High five to that 120lb kid I say, he blows the weight arguement to hell, good for him....

My my my and to think, on this site if one model weighs more a few ounces than another model its considered wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to heavy, so funny, 13 year olds prove it to be what is really is, a bunch of non-sense to argue about and nothing more. High five to that 120lb kid I say, he blows the weight arguement to hell, good for him....

+1 well said ..

mac sp 125

mysp125 mac is old is much more power for sthil 660 or 880:angry2: is used or abused from 30 years is much cutting woods for mac sp 125 no problem, 30 years

Very true

I cut 90% of my firewood with a Sp125, but the other 10% of the time I use a light saw as a 123 cc engine is a little to much for a 9" limb.

Just to think in this country if people complain if they have to walk on their hands even for a few inches. This 6 year old girl pretty much blows to hell the argument that walking on your hands is not pleasant and is difficult. Good for her!

Gymnast%202.jpg

So Tom, if I show you a picture of a 12 year old using a cross cut, are you going to quit using chainsaws or talking about how a chainsaw is better than a crosscut? :popcorn:

So Tom, if I show you a picture of a 12 year old using a cross cut, are you going to quit using chainsaws or talking about how a chainsaw is better than a crosscut? :popcorn:

Welp the post with the little girl didn't relate to the subject of one saw weighing a few ounces more than another. Now are we weighing cross cut saws now too,:monkey: :monkey: Stay on subject Space or be prepared to lose this case,hehe

Latest posts

Back