15 hp liflan engine from home depot

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bucking for pops

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Replacing my 8 hp Briggs with this engine frop home depot. They seem to be popolar they sell them on the speeco splitters at Atwood
32e7c340-33ec-4b74-a0bf-ba1d49e73467_300.jpg
s and Blachawk splitters also any 1 have any experience with them?

Supposed to be one of the best of the Honda clones. Most every part will fit a Honda GX. For the price tough to beat. The predators at harbor freight are nearly identical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good deal. Esp when you can go through 3 of them for the price of a GX390

Gxparts.com has aftermarket parts cheeeep if you need anything

It's funny how it's a "cheap Honda knock off", yet in our case it starts better than any Honda we've been around and runs just fine. We did have one issue and it was with the oil level sensor, we bypassed it and well, try to keep an eye on it. It did take quite a few pulls here a couple weekends ago but when it's -14F not much wants to run, that oil was cold/thick. Above 20 degrees F though, seems to always start or at least spit on the second pull.

It's funny how it's a "cheap Honda knock off", yet in our case it starts better than any Honda we've been around and runs just fine.

Say huh what again? You've had trouble starting Hondas? Every Honda I've ever owned (which would be tough to count, I've got 10 right now) started if you looked at it right! Other than the saws all of our power equipment at the fire house is Honda powered (extrication unit and ventilation fans) are Honda powered because when lives are on the line they start every time, in the wet, cold, dark, emergency scene with gloves on. Sometimes if you just look at them right!

Makes me wonder, who's starting your chainsaw for ya? o_O

Say huh what again? You've had trouble starting Hondas? Every Honda I've ever owned (which would be tough to count, I've got 10 right now) started if you looked at it right! Other than the saws all of our power equipment at the fire house is Honda powered (extrication unit and ventilation fans) are Honda powered because when lives are on the line they start every time, in the wet, cold, dark, emergency scene with gloves on. Sometimes if you just look at them right!

Makes me wonder, who's starting your chainsaw for ya? o_O

M-Tronic:crazy: (joke)

At the shop I work at we have a Honda powered air compressor for service calls, it stays inside because that's the only way it will start is if it's warm enough. I'm not trying to knock Honda's in any way, our Lifan is newer than them all so maybe I'll wait a few more years for better judgement.

M-Tronic:crazy: (joke)

At the shop I work at we have a Honda powered air compressor for service calls, it stays inside because that's the only way it will start is if it's warm enough. I'm not trying to knock Honda's in any way, our Lifan is newer than them all so maybe I'll wait a few more years for better judgement.

I'm just goofing around. There is a definite procedure to starting my CR250RT that if not followed will result in a 1 legged stair master headed to heaven! All the power equipment honestly starts ridiculously easy though. If they don't start by the 3rd pull I'm checking the fuel tank no mater how long they've been sitting!

There must be something wrong with your compressor though. Seriously, the GX series engines will start on their own if they THINK you need them!

I've never run and M-tronic but Stihl's can be finicky for sure. I can tel you they will not start on a smokey roof!

Oh, and make that 12 Hondas in my fleet, I forgot about the two CT70H's!

I've found Honda engines a little finicky to start too, well, some of them anyway. I've got a few that are very reliable, they are newer, 4-7 year old range. All my old Briggs motors start right up every time too. The Kohlers are hit and miss. I don't own a single Techjunksie and you'd have to pay to me throw one away for you. All the Chonda engines start fine, almost as reliably as the Briggs, down to about -15.

Mr. HE:cool:

So how do you like the Lifan? Mini review?

Good. Twice the hp it better not bog! Now you just need a Binford tools sticker lol

I had several honda engines that were jetted really lean. They are fixed jet carb so the only fix is to replace with a bigger jet. In my case I just got out the numbered drill bits and a pin vise and opened them up a little at a time until they stopped hunting. Sometimes just running the same sized bit as the jet is enough to make them run better and start easier.

I suspect Honda keeps them lean to avoid problems with the EPA or other emissions regulating groups. I have never had the same problem with a clone.

Latest posts

Back