192T Please help Junk????!!!?!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BostonBull

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
As I said a few days ago I bought a 192T. I have run it for about 2-3 tanks now and I hate it!! First it wouldnt stay idling and I couldnt adjust it to. So I brought it back to the dealer and he adjusted it for me. Now it warms up and when I go to cut something it bogs down. If I dont have it WOT for a couple of seconds before I cut the branch it just stops dead and idles with the chain not moving, so I have to take iot back off of the branch and WOT it again to let it catch up. Are these saws really that bad or do I have a bad one? Does it need more time to break in? Should I return it?

This is my first brand new Stihl. All my other Brand new saws I have ever used Echo, Husky, Poulan, John Deere, homelite etc......had massive power right out of the box!

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a newbie...but that sounds like a lemon and something you should return.

Dario

You need to take that back to the dealer. They should look after any issues or concerns you may have.

That sounds like a lemon to me. get it replaced ASAP. This summer I'm gonna look at getting one of those MS192Ts.

Can someone clue me in to what "WOT" means. Maybe having a senior moment but can't say I've ever seen this term before.

Joe

Thanks guys for the responses. I am taking it back first thing this morning. And yes I do know how to mix gas for a saw.

Well I brought it back at 7:30 this morning and by 7:40 I had a brand new 192T right out of the box. I told the Manager that it was broke and it was easily the biggest piece of junk I had ever run. he said absolutely no problem whatsoever!!

So a big thumbs up to Stew at Rent All in Salem, MA!!!!!

I only had the chance to cut down a 20 foot 5" Maple with it today but it seemed to run ECELLENT. The only thing I noticed is it has a tendency to bounce the bar as I am cutting. is this due to the safety chain or the short bar or...........?

Put a 192t together today set up with a 1.3 mm 14" bar & chain. Nice saw. Seemed to have a lot of power without the weight of the ms200. Ran great out of the box. I will need to add some metal dogs, the stock molded plastic dogs do not look so durable and the bolt holes and cut outs are built into the saw to add the metal. Hope they are as durable as the 200.

Slots and screw holes are in the plastic casing on the 192, I have to look for an extra set from a 200 or maybe a 191 and see if they fit. Might ask the dealer if Stihl has a part for it also, did not think of it until I put the saw in some wood. The plastic molded dog standard on the 192t I do not think will hold up very long with extented use.

Back