1994 Stihl 044 Purchased This Weekend

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

margraf

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello, I purchased this on Saturday and want to see if I did ok on the price. It came with the original receipt from 1994 totaling $702 (without tax) for the saw, 20" bar/chain and case. I know it hasnt been used much as you can tell from the picutres. A gentleman was selling it for an older relative, I tested it out and it runs perfect. It's a 12MM and I got everything for $400. I may have trouble taking it to the woods because of how nice it is.

:msp_ohmy: Wow! The Chinese sure are doing some damn near identical knockoffs these days!! :msp_ohmy:

I'm joking! That saw looks to be about as close to NOS as used saw can get :msp_thumbup:.

Congrats, you got a deal.

Two things.... Get rid of that metal air filter... there is a reason Stihl updated them...

Get a 046 magnum Dual port muffler cover for a little extra power.

Seems like a good deal.

Just out of curiosity, anyway you can scan that product catalog and post it for our viewing pleasure?

I'd say you did quite well on that deal...I paid the same you did for my well-loved 044 and it didn't come with anything except the 20" bar and chain. No regrets on my end and it runs like a champ, but you got a deal there with all the goodies and a mint looking saw! Nice work!

Nice saw, adjustable carb, it also has the dime size muffler outlet compared to the now pencil sized outlet. Yes, they do make a better filter but it's going to cost you a Grant note for one. I bought one like that for the same price but not quite as cherry. Sure beats surfing ebay!

Latest posts

Back