1st night with my OWB

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

modn

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I had my Cozeburn 250 hooked up yesterday and had the 1st fire started at noon. I turned off my fuel oil burner, (what a sweet sound or no sound actually), at 3:00. Being my 1st time I loaded it at 8:00 pm with 3 good size birch rounds. It was hovering around 0 degrees with a 20-25mph wind last night & this a.m.. I figure this is a near "worst case" scenario, heavy on the "near". I have a 2000 sqft 2 story that I built in 1991 and I have to say I'm very impressed for the 1st night with these conditions. I went out at 6:00am to find that the rounds were only 75% gone, so I raked the coals where I could and loaded it back up. I keep the house at 73 degrees and then at night set back to 66 degrees. I couldn't be happier at this point!!!:greenchainsaw:

Last edited:
Glad to hear it worked nice for you. I have an Empyre 250 that is basically the same model as your Cozeburn model, and after some underground insulation problems were fixed, it has worked great for me. My house is a 2000sqft home also, and my boiler seems pretty well matched to my needs. Does your model have a shaker grate in it? I know that they are offering a model with the shaker grate but cannot seem to find someone that has one.

good luck,

Ray

Congrats on your new OWB. Next great moment will be seeing the look on your fuel oil delivery guy when he arrives next time and you don't need any oil.

Congrats, I would lock your fill tube for your oil or lp as I know of more than a few places that walked right by the owb to fill the lp tank, much to the homeowners chagrin. :censored:

C.B.

Congrats, I would lock your fill tube for your oil or lp as I know of more than a few places that walked right by the owb to fill the lp tank, much to the homeowners chagrin. :censored:

C.B.

ALWAYS cancel any "keep full" or "automatic refill" arrangement with your supplier and go to a strictly "will call" service.

Do it in writing.

Danged thieves filled me up the week before Christmas couple of years ago when I was at 55% on a 1000 gallon LP tank. Most expensive week of the season for LP and, of course, they wanted paid right away, too. Was I ever pi$$ed....

Glad to hear it worked nice for you. I have an Empyre 250 that is basically the same model as your Cozeburn model, and after some underground insulation problems were fixed, it has worked great for me. My house is a 2000sqft home also, and my boiler seems pretty well matched to my needs. Does your model have a shaker grate in it? I know that they are offering a model with the shaker grate but cannot seem to find someone that has one.

good luck,

Ray

No shaker grate on mine. Is that for coal or something?:confused:

ALWAYS cancel any "keep full" or "automatic refill" arrangement with your supplier and go to a strictly "will call" service.

Do it in writing.

Danged thieves filled me up the week before Christmas couple of years ago when I was at 55% on a 1000 gallon LP tank. Most expensive week of the season for LP and, of course, they wanted paid right away, too. Was I ever pi$$ed....

You have a point there, I will call Monday a.m.. Thanks

Ya the shaker grate model is both a coal and wood model. Just as the other guys said it will be really nice when you aren't getting those LP bills. Filled mine up 3 years ago and still sitting at 35% for the last two years.

Ray

Back