2-man saw thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark coughed up a big damned log to try out the KB7. We made a practice in a small 30" log and then moved on to the bigun. We had some trouble at the beginning of the cut. I was staying on the throttle to keep the motor from dying--I suspect the saw needed some good run time to completely clean out since it idled perfectly at the end of the cut. We spent a few seconds lining up the cut and you can Mark nod his head to start the cut. After that, I got shocked when I touched the exposed bottom of the kill button. From that point, the saw cut beautifully.

I did have some trouble keeping the saw from hanging up on the bark. It may become necessary to wrap the handles with some tape so I can pull back easier.

Darned thing was not easy to manhandle into position over the log. How did the old-timers do this day in-day out?

Chris B.

[video=youtube;EtBB1PdbA9s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtBB1PdbA9s&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Nice work Cliff.

Chris, they werent wimps :D Kidding, the KB is one of the most awkward saws for me, I cant move them by myself hardly. My Mall 7 isnt the easiest in the world, but manageable.

Well I just found this thread and just recently entered the 2-man club. I had posted this in the Mcculloch thread.
My brother called from a local auction telling me about a 2-man saw. Honestly, I wasn't too interested until I saw the photo.
Mac 7-55, 161cc. Wound up getting it for a song. Did a teardown and clean up but only repainted the transmission, stinger, starter cover and frame. P&C look like new. The bar on it will do a 38" cut. Even got an extra bar (48") but no chain. It takes 3/4 x .077.
I learned something watching American Restoration. Best way to clean up old rubber is glass bead. Did it on the grips and they look like new. I put a coat of clear poly on the two outer grips.

I had to weld up a center section on the muffler and sharpen the chain (5/16" file). Checked the carb diaphragm and cleaned the fuel bowl. The saw had been put away right - no old gas but I doubt if the fuel bowl had ever been off before. A few pulls and it started right up. Planning to take it to the Western PA gtg next week and hope to get some vids in some big wood.

Might be nice to have some dawgs for it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Dolmar CL

I got this saw shipped from Germany in a trade.
It came in pieces just like you see in the pics.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I started working on the saw after it got here a few months ago.
They guy I got the saw from made me a puller for the clutch and starter pulley for free.:)
He is a real nice guy to deal with.

They came off easy.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The flywheel is a two piece.
attachment.php

The saw had no spark when I got it. All I had to do was clean the points and got nice blue spark.
This is how clean it was inside.

attachment.php

The piston looked good just needed to clean it up.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Some one had put oil in crank case when they stored it.
Bearings and seals were in real good shape.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back