2-man saw thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That makes 2 of us. The PD is close, really only waiting on coils to get her going. Also, have to replace some clutch linings but that won't stop it from running. The PG I will probably restore and repaint. I had to send off a cylinder for repair--had a broken exhaust flange which is fixed and on the way back. Again, this saw needs all the ignition parts replaced.

One thing I learned is they use different coils. The PG has a 7/16 x 7/16 core and I can use aftermarket OMC coils like the Pioneers. The PD was trickier but I was able to find aftermarket Wicos that fit--5/8 x 5/8 lamination.

Between cinci5 (Jeff) and me there are diaphragms available for the older McCulloch two man saws. You just need to determine if yours has the bleed valve on the cover as the gasket/diaphragm are different for the covers with or without the bleed valve. IPL's don't offer a lot of help with those.

No bleed valve on the left, bleed valve on the right for reference.

20230713_144538.jpg

We can also provide a rebuild kit for the primer and the oil pump if needed.

Mark

Between cinci5 (Jeff) and me there are diaphragms available for the older McCulloch two man saws. You just need to determine if yours has the bleed valve on the cover as the gasket/diaphragm are different for the covers with or without the bleed valve. IPL's don't offer a lot of help with those.

No bleed valve on the left, bleed valve on the right for reference.

View attachment 1101007

We can also provide a rebuild kit for the primer and the oil pump if needed.

Mark
I have the diaphragm already, waiting on the Loctite to arrive. I very well may need packings for the oil pump it felt weak. I know how to get a hold of you..

Latest posts

Back