2 stoke oil? stihl , husky and dolmar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bill268xp

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
what i,m not understanding is each brand name say,s if you use their oil. The mix is 50:1 but any other brand 40:1. Now in my research It looks like the MAHLE company makes all the jugs for stihl , husky,dolmar.etc. WHY can,t you run a different oil at 50:1 . It sound silly! but i,m not expert by any means. So is this just a way for that company to sell there name brand or is there some validity to the warning in my owners Manuel. I finale received my NEW MAKITA 6401 very happy :clap: but I have some hi-grade gas that as stihl oil in it and that's what got me to this ???? I have not put any fule or bar oil in her yet. thanks for your time for any one that know their oil.:dizzy:

Hmmm, lets think here. Why do companies have there own oil? To make $$$$$. I don't think it would be to wise to recommend the competitions oil and watch the money go to the comp. Do you?

If you put the right mixture of 2-stroke oil in the can, you are safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All right :clap: and oil thread AND a brand war...... all in the same thread.

Can’t wait to see how this one turns out. :popcorn:

To heck with this kind of oil thread.... geez, get real guys!

The real question is:

What Saw Should I BUY to run all this oil in????

Last edited:
Tom Hall sells Stihl and he recommends Dapper Dan lubes. That right there ought to tell you something. Care for some gopher, Everett?

I like the double dog dare. well I did not think it mattered but who cares the saw runs great kick -ass not at all a candy -ass saw it must be the stihl oil in the gas. LOL.:greenchainsaw: :greenchainsaw:

Back