2 stroke mix recommends 71:1 ratio?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RED-85-Z51

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Ive used xp oil, echo power blend, hp ultra...and most other brands of mix...i ordered a retail kit of Sten Mix from Stens..comes in Pillow Packs and i noticed they are 1.8oz per pack and says to mix at 1 pack per gallon...or 71:1 ratio

The site even boasts...mix it that way regardless of what manufacturer recommendations are.

Says its rated ISO EGD++
25537ef49b4a687d9d80b03988b8109d.jpg

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Ive used xp oil, echo power blend, hp ultra...and most other brands of mix...i ordered a retail kit of Sten Mix from Stens..comes in Pillow Packs and i noticed they are 1.8oz per pack and says to mix at 1 pack per gallon...or 71:1 ratio

The site even boasts...mix it that way regardless of what manufacturer recommendations are.

Says its rated ISO EGD++
25537ef49b4a687d9d80b03988b8109d.jpg

I'd certainly stay with a 40 or 50 to 1 ratio.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

I'd certainly stay with a 40 or 50 to 1 ratio.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk
70:1 does show their faith in their concoction though. Im tempted to mix a gallon and see if it sends this 17 year old wild thing to hell [emoji38]

Ill probably try it at 50:1 and see how it all looks..plug, piston...etc.

Might creep it up and give it a go at 70:1. Thats more fuel..more power but really running a fine line on lubrication

70:1 does show their faith in their concoction though. Im tempted to mix a gallon and see if it sends this 17 year old wild thing to hell [emoji38]

Amsoil saber recommends 100:1. Lots of people mix it at that with good results, but I ain't doing it. 40:1 for me.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

They run good for a few minutes don't they?

Never tried it, but that's what I hear. Did melt down my artic cat once in -20 degree weather. Should have changed it's carb jets. It was running strong.

Do you run it in chainsaws?

Yep . To all the over oiler my car says 5 quarts I'm a genius going to run 8 . Not going to believe that crap 5 quarts is not safe . All about the EPA yada yada whatever. Over oiling is like the hoard of toilet paper

Back