Fuel Oil Mix Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMHO: I'm wondering,
Who is Dave? (that says to use 40:1) does he know more than the people who built the saw. Ask Dave if the Owners manual has any more info that is not correct and maybe he should get out a Addendum (or ECO, Engineering Change Order) for the owners manual?
I'm also wondering why you are mixing 5 gallons of fuel for one saw? (are you cutting timber for a sawmill or building a log cabin and don't want to run out of fuel) I buy non-ethanol fuel in large quantities for small engines and chainsaws, but I do not mix 5 gallons at a time for chainsaws

I also never mix more than one gallon, and even then that is a large amount of fuel for chainsaws.

I use an Accu-Mix jug to mix small quantities, and this jug can also do nearly any ratio you would need. But then again I had one of these from 15 years ago when I raced 2-stroke bikes.

https://www.accu-products.com/accu-products-specialties/accu-mix-fuel-jug/prod_3016.html
IMHO if you have multiple 2-strokes of different ratios fuel/mix needed, and/or need to mix just small quantities so you don't have to do even one gallon at a time --- this is the best thing since sliced bread.

They key for racing applications where weight matters is, each "unit" of fuel in the Accu-Mix jug corresponds to one pound. (obviously fuel and oil weights differ, but it is surely close enough)

Latest posts

Back