2 Ways to give Arboriculture a Black Eye

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jomoco

jomoco

Tree Freak
ddhlakebound

ddhlakebound

Addicted to ArboristSite
Isn't it ironic that MD would never even know any of this stuff existed if some filthy little scummy handed climber hadn't gone up there and taken pics for him to see? :monkey:

Here's a quote from Stillet, found through MD's links....

Sillett watched the motion of the redwoods in silence for a little while. "Despite the difficulty of doing science in these trees, there's always a moment during a climb when you can lose yourself," he went on. "You perceive time more clearly in redwoods. You see time's illusory qualities. When you get up into the crown of a redwood, you stop thinking about your life, you stop planning your future missions. You start feeling the limits of your perceptions of the world as a member of the human species. When you feel one of these trees moving, you get a sense of it as an individual."

Na....moments and insights like that aren't important to humanity.....much more important to make sure some moss isn't trodden upon.

jomoco

jomoco

Tree Freak
Isn't it ironic that MD would never even know any of this stuff existed if some filthy little scummy handed climber hadn't gone up there and taken pics for him to see? :monkey:

Here's a quote from Stillet, found through MD's links....

Na....moments and insights like that aren't important to humanity.....much more important to make sure some moss isn't trodden upon.

Not bad Lake, that's some pretty profound prose there!

jomoco

M.D. Vaden

M.D. Vaden

vadenphotography.com
Other than show your ability to post links to pictures, do you have a point to all these pictures?

Why do you ask?

What do you want to learn that has not been covered?

But if it clues-you-in for your question - did you read some of John Paul Sanborn's replies?

It's related to something he wrote.

Last edited:

Ekka

Addicted to ArboristSite
a lot more people read these forums than tree workers. I've met homeowners who have read these forums for years. They both learn and select professionals from here.

HEADS UP USA HOME-OWNERS​

Are you aware that not all "arborists" can climb a tree?

If indeed as suggested by the above poster that a person climbing a park tree without a permit (regardless whether they are an arborist or not) is giving the industry a black eye, then surely calling yourself an arborist when you cannot climb would have to be a KO. :blob5:

Think about it, who would you prefer to work on your tree?

A) Some-one who climbs 300'+ redwoods
B) A land or ladder lubber

Are you aware that the ISA Cert Arb credentials DO NOT MEAN THE "ARBORIST" CAN CLIMB.

Here's a link to the various ISA credentials you'll need to observe.

http://www.isa-arbor.com/certification/certCredentials.aspx

In Australia we have a different system all together, and an ISA cert means little to nothing. We obtain qualifications using a competency based system, actually doing the job not ticking multiple choice question boxes. You simply cannot become a "text book arborist" as you need to do the job.

Personally, I would pick a doer over a pen pusher any day. :)

M.D. Vaden

M.D. Vaden

vadenphotography.com
Here's a link to the various ISA credentials you'll need to observe.

Like I wrote about you a bit earlier Ekka - you are back at back at Arboristsite one more time for the better honey.

And off topic as I expected.

Come back for more honey again.

Please keep posting, to keep bumping it. Because most new readers will be reading the first few replies on the first page. I want to keep this topic on the surface for a while.

So drop on in to quench your thirst.

Last edited:
capetrees
Be carefulr Ekka or he'll scorn you again! :cry:

Ekka's off topic? I don't think so brainiac. The topic was about those that give the "indistry" a black eye. You have gone to posting pictures of pictures someone else has taken, taking apparent credit for something someone else has done. Face it. You are a landscaper that does not climb, work wise or recreationally. You sub out your tree work to those that DO know what they are doing and again, take credit for their work simply because you were the contractor. You have desire to save interesting aspects of the forest and to do so, you have decided to blame and thus try to regulate the tree climbing "sport"/industry for your personal crusade.

Get a life.

M.D. Vaden

M.D. Vaden

vadenphotography.com
You have gone to posting pictures of pictures someone else has taken, taking apparent credit for something someone else has done. Face it.

Apparently you don't understand the forum's features or nomenclature.

Posting photos requires the IMG tag.

What you saw, are referred to as links.

Most people can see and figure out the source of the images, because the URL has Sillett/ in the address, not to mention the Copyright on some of them. The URL will clearly display in the address bar.

You did not realize what "humboldt.edu" means.

Now this is an example below of posting a photo: Photos display - but links offer visits to other websites and servers.

:popcorn:

attachment.php

Last edited:

lxt

Addicted to ArboristSite
OPERATION BLACK EYE

Why is this being organised?

To show the world "We doan need no stinkeeng permits" :hmm3grin2orange:

Im In!!!!!! Ekka, that is the best!! couldnt rep ya!! some one please rep him infinately for this post!! awesome!

Well folks...............once again the thread poster shows his stupidity in going so far off topic & comparing himself to people whos "hooks" hes not fit to carry!

M.D.....you been in trees since when? how`d ya get there? orchard ladder! You are a blowhole who likes the sound of his own voice or reading of his own writing.

What gives "ARBORICULTURE" a Black Eye is YOU!!!! a non answering, smoke & mirrors snake oil salesman who couldnt climb an extension ladder to set up a bird feeder!! You make a living off of BullSh*t & are proud!

The only thing this thread is really good for now is sticking M.D.Vadens **** in the mud, so all together....start typing, M.D why dont you put this thread into your TESTIMONIAL link on your website? that way all Oregon can see you for the nit wit you are!

LXT............ My all expenses paid invitation is still on the table!! any of you guys remember that? LOL....

Ekka

Addicted to ArboristSite
The only thing this thread is really good for now is sticking M.D.Vadens **** in the mud, so all together....start typing, M.D why dont you put this thread into your TESTIMONIAL link on your website? that way all Oregon can see you for the nit wit you are!

:agree2:

Did you know he also thinks he runs wikipedia. He was also the main culprit who removed links to many websites other than his own.

When his own forum became a "chalk board" he made sure links to all the others got pulled, yep, that's the sort of bloke you want going into bat for you. Mario's #1 priority is MARIO.

He likes to write a page of reference to some crap on his own site, then play wikiGod and link to it booting other peoples links off, that's our Mario.

treeseer

treeseer

Advocatus Pro Arbora
"If indeed as suggested by the above poster that a person climbing a park tree without a permit (regardless whether they are an arborist or not) is giving the industry a black eye, then surely calling yourself an arborist when you cannot climb would have to be a KO."

I enjoy climbing a lot; 43 years and still love it. And I can still limbwalk and the rest as well as most can.

But a lot of arborists--defined as professionals who can manage trees--don't climb. They don't have to--lots of tree work does not involve a saw.

If you think climbing is what makes an arborist an arborist, then I would not hire you to work on my trees.

The point is, if researchers got to a tree first and are gathering data for research that YOU and the rest of the industry will benefit from, then maybe you can find another tree to climb. There were plenty of big redwoods out there last I saw (last Nov).

Better yet, offer your services as a canopy data collector. Sillett ended his talk at ISA last summer by reaching out to the arb community to work together. It would be a poor response by us to sneak in and mess their stuff up. Pick up the phone, email the guys, let them know you're interested in researching trees and see what happens.