20" chain loop question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been marking the tooth I start with since day one!

Seeing what tooth you start out on on a rocked out chain is easy...........if you are just touching up an otherwise slightly dull chain that is another matter!

Guess my eyesight sucks!!!

'xactly!! Except it was day two for me. Day one I realized I couldn't always tell where I started, so I had to go get a marker.

Try fingernail polish -- white or yellow. Clean the oil off the link first...

That sounds like a good Idea except where i live if someone caught me in the woods with yellow fingernail polish they would beat me up, ban me from the county and take my saws.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

OK I have to admit that I use a marker on mine too. I keep one in the small box that I also keep files, scrench, stumpvise and all that other stuff. I tend to touch up the chain after every tank or two and sometimes its hard to tell the difference without looking reeeeaaallly close! Maybe I am being anal but I like sharp chains, not dull ones.;)

Yea, I mark where I start with a white paint stick, not so much because I can't see what's been done, but so I know how close I'm getting to being done. especially on a long loop. :hmm3grin2orange: Chain sharpening is some serious business:hmm3grin2orange:

Back