$20 McCulloch 7-10a

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mycamaro_68

By guess and by golly
Reaction score
New here hoping to get some info. I found a 7-10a on craigslist and was able to get it for $20. Guy said it has sat for 8 years and now he can't get it started. I got it home checked the fuel lines and the carb (they both actually looked good) so I tried to start it. 5 pulls and it took off (I think the guy didn't know how to set the throttle lock) it runs and cuts really well. Do you guys think I should tear it down anyway since it has sat for so long or should I just run it the way it is. It is only going to be for play and occasional use as a big saw if I can get a longer bar for it. Will it pull a 28" with skip chain? Also if anyone knows of a link where I can find an IPL that would be great. Thanks for any info.

I'd at least do a carb kit. The fuel line may be fine. Some macs I've seen were ok and others the line turned to black snot. I don't know why. Should pull a 28 with skip on occasion.

Carb kit and run it like you stold it.McCulloch's are tough.8 out of 10 I buy run on fresh premix.the other 2 are on odd ball carbs other than walbro or tillotson.

That's a nice deal for you man, here's a you suck!

What them guys said, you got it cheap, carb kit and new lines and filter, whut the heck.

New here hoping to get some info. I found a 7-10a on craigslist and was able to get it for $20. Guy said it has sat for 8 years and now he can't get it started. I got it home checked the fuel lines and the carb (they both actually looked good) so I tried to start it. 5 pulls and it took off (I think the guy didn't know how to set the throttle lock) it runs and cuts really well. Do you guys think I should tear it down anyway since it has sat for so long or should I just run it the way it is. It is only going to be for play and occasional use as a big saw if I can get a longer bar for it. Will it pull a 28" with skip chain? Also if anyone knows of a link where I can find an IPL that would be great. Thanks for any info.

Pics or it didn't happen!

I picked up a Pro Mac 10-10 the other day for $35.00 with the wrong bar and no chain so I don't get any suckage for that. However it runs like and champ. My only issue is the oiler seems to keep oiling while it's just sitting. Even after releasing any built up pressure in the oil tank. Perhaps the breather on the oil cap is not working. . It is old enough for Depense!

IMO if it runs well, fuel line and carb look well, I'd leave that part alone. May be buy those parts and an air filter for spare parts, just in case. May be a good idea to check for carbon build up as that can brake off and damage the piston and rings.

Latest posts

Back