2009 Chainsaw Health Challenge!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
Thinking about a little exercise after my last post so got the ditch push mower out and hit it,80 degrees in the shade.Lost a little weight in sweat:dizzy:
attachment.php

To the top.

Finally changed my eating habits and started some light exercising. Doing renos on the house and walking my BLM every day that I don't forget (working until dark on the house).

Am down 30lbs from 295 to 265. Still a lot, but I look kind of skinny already compared to when I was working out with weights. :D Oh well, the gut is almost gone now and 225 will leave me with very little body fat.

Now that I am at 265 I can't give it up and am really looking forward to reaching 250, then 240, and then 225.

:clap:

Update. I started P90X this week. Killer workouts. I have lost another 4lbs this week. The eating plan sucks. The food is not very practical to make when you have work, kids, workout and anything else that might come up. My wife has been obsessed with the meal plan. I was just trying to convince her to use it as a guideline and not follow exactly to the letter. Make the foods that fit the category that are resonable. The whole week has been revolving around the food. And as a family who has changed there eating habits to a healthy diet, any of you that have used P90X know the first phase is pretty much atkins diet. A little tough for a family that doesn't eat much meat. You can only drink so much protein powder. :dizzy: Well, all in all, it is a very good workout. Just wish the meal plan was a little more reasonable for people with hectic schedules and familes. IMHO.

Update. I started P90X this week. Killer workouts. I have lost another 4lbs this week. The eating plan sucks. The food is not very practical to make when you have work, kids, workout and anything else that might come up. My wife has been obsessed with the meal plan. I was just trying to convince her to use it as a guideline and not follow exactly to the letter. Make the foods that fit the category that are resonable. The whole week has been revolving around the food. And as a family who has changed there eating habits to a healthy diet, any of you that have used P90X know the first phase is pretty much atkins diet. A little tough for a family that doesn't eat much meat. You can only drink so much protein powder. :dizzy: Well, all in all, it is a very good workout. Just wish the meal plan was a little more reasonable for people with hectic schedules and familes. IMHO.

A co-worker uses P90X and likes the workouts. I'm going to see if I can find some info on the workouts and try them out.

The meal plans probably won't work for me right now as things are too hectic.

:cheers:

A co-worker uses P90X and likes the workouts. I'm going to see if I can find some info on the workouts and try them out.

The meal plans probably won't work for me right now as things are too hectic.

I now have P90X, but will wait until I finish up a few more things on the house before starting it.

Weighed in at 259.6 lbs this morning. That last 3lbs was slow in leaving, but now I'm really looking forward to 250 (then 240, then 225).

Once I get more free time I will start exercising regularly, and that should speed up my weight loss from that point. I will continue to adjust my eating habits so that I can keep losing and also keep the weight off once it is gone.

Now that I think of it, I will start the ab ripper part of P90X and also start doing push-ups in the morning just so that I am doing something. Having said that .... I'll do those push-ups right now! :D

If you like chocolate/peanut butter, try this protein powder. It is top quality and made in America (which is very rare for whey protein), but the deal with this stuff is that is tastes awesome even in water. In milk it is seriously like a desert. You will need a shaker bottle or to use the blender/hand mixer for this, but it is worth it. It also contains healthy fats which are essential to keep making hormones required to burn bodyfat.

http://www.blackstarlabs.com/product_info.php?products_id=412

Last edited:
Well I started at 176 Lbs in January, lighter than I felt. Switched to light beer, stopped eating fast food (95% of it), bought a mountain bike, eat about 1/2 as much as I was before. I now weigh 160 Lbs, feel alot thinner. It's a trade off, I miss the Sonic burgers.

Another update. 152 Lbs now. That's enough, need to work on some weight lifting. Still ride the mountain bike about 3x per week, 10mi is easy, 20mi is the comfort limit.

Update:

Gained one pound last week and I thought, "WTF?"

Ate weird this week and finished it off with a large all-meat, double-cheese pizza on Friday (finished it off yesterday).

Weighed in today at 251.8 lbs.

Luckily I have a couple of cords to split and stack. I split some other wood today (a load of birch that I got yesterday) and will do enough after work to finish splitting and stacking in two evenings.

By then the shelving in my garage should be far enough along that I can move some weights in.

Oh yeah, tomorrow I have to pack some flour after work with my buddy. No more than a 400 lbs carry tho since it will be my first time in a long, long time.

I fully expect to be sub-250 quick. :D

I just noticed this thread today. I'm a big boy in need of some slimming down for sure. It's funny how health problems compound if you just sit down and let them take hold.

I was having a palpitating heart problem and my blood pressure was so high (190/130) I could feel my heartbeat in my legs. Constant pain. Depression.

I decided to eat breakfast every morning and cut out the half pot of creamer and sugar coffee breakfast. Usually oatmeal with flaxseed, cinnamon, Smart Balance peanut butter and chopped walnuts.

I also eliminated eating after dinner. I love to snack on the leftovers from dinner around 10-11 PM. I made the mistake of eating a hamburger and washing it down with grapefruit juice recently and woke up aspirating on stomach acid. If this has never happened to you it's a living nightmare for about 5 minutes and will cause you to lose a lot of sleep. And break a bad habit.

Anyhow, I'm working in the right direction. Was 343 two weeks ago when I started getting my life back in order.

Previous weight 343
Current weight: 329
BP 151/82 (un-medicated)
Height 5' 11"

Goal: lose 100 pounds

Here is a pic from last week.

newMS290008.jpg

Dang I'm a chubby :censored:

Last edited:
I just noticed this thread today. I'm a big boy in need of some slimming down for sure. It's funny how health problems compound if you just sit down and let them take hold.

I was having a palpitating heart problem and my blood pressure was so high (190/130) I could feel my heartbeat in my legs. Constant pain. Depression.

I decided to eat breakfast every morning and cut out the half pot of creamer and sugar coffee breakfast. Usually oatmeal with flaxseed, cinnamon, Smart Balance peanut butter and chopped walnuts.

I also eliminated eating after dinner. I love to snack on the leftovers from dinner around 10-11 PM. I made the mistake of eating a hamburger and washing it down with grapefruit juice recently and woke up aspirating on stomach acid. If this has never happened to you it's a living nightmare for about 5 minutes and will cause you to lose a lot of sleep. And break a bad habit.

Anyhow, I'm working in the right direction. Was 343 two weeks ago when I started getting my life back in order.

Previous weight 343
Current weight: 329
BP 151/82 (un-medicated)
Height 5' 11"

Goal: lose 100 pounds

Here is a pic from last week.

newMS290008.jpg

Dang I'm a chubby :censored:

Welcome to this thread!

Your eating habits are probably most important for you right now. Eating a good breakfast and cutting out the late evening meals will go a long way towards helping you achieve your goal.

Keep paying attention to your eating habits and if you feel that it is necessary to modify them to suit your current situation, then go ahead and do it - they will likely change anyway as your weight drops.

Keep posting up here and good luck!

This is a cool thread.I just happen to find it and I'm impressed with some of the improvements you guys have made.
When I get some spare time ,I will go back and read the whole thread.
I was once up to 250# and I'm only 5'9".Now I weigh in at 180#.I've been around this weight for about 6 years now.One piece of advice I can give anybody losing weight is to do it slowly and to not go overboard because you will lose muscle as well as fat.
I would say that I lost 50# of fat and 20# of muscle and it is so hard to put that muscle back on.
Good luck with all your efforts and keep up the good work.:clap:

Good work, all of you.

Personally, I kind of want to go the other way. Oh, I'm healthy enough, but I'd like back the 10lbs the flu robbed me of last spring. I'm 6' tall and only 166 right now. Trouble is, I can eat whatever as often as I like, but I cannot get back to 175 where I want to be.

I am horribly stiff, I haven't been able to touch my toes since I was a toddler. I wouldn't mind limbering up more.

Jasha has me thinking hard about P90X.

Count me in.

I weigh in at 295 and while I like being able to move things, I am 42 and it's time to start slimming down.

Here is a pic of me moving 900 lbs of flour.

Aug%2002%20Flour%20Pack%2002.jpg

The guy in the camo jacket is about the same height as I am so I am somewhat compressed in the pic, but I won't tell you why I appear shorter. :D

I haven't been 200 lbs since I was 19, but that will be my goal for this. My weight is generally estimated (by others) to be 250, so I wonder what the estimates will be as I approach 200?

First order of business will be to prepare mentally, start eating breakfast and quit eating later at night, then walking, working out, then quit smoking. Probably in that order (somewhat).

Updates will be made in this thread unless it receives no airplay and sinks to the back, back pages. If that happens I'll keep the updates only in my log book.

Anyone else?

i weigh in over 350 did weigh 318 but gained it all back over time how can one loose weight when its stressful trying to loose it in a short time

and with me being a cardiac patient with atrial fib history here lately my bp is going elevated it was 140/100 the other day in the doctor office

they say stress will cause alot of it i guess worried about business thanks to obama and his crowd there is no help for small businesses

Last edited:
i weigh in over 350 did weigh 318 but gained it all back over time how can one loose weight when its stressful trying to loose it in a short time

I lost it at a rate of 1# per week on average.Some times I would go for several weeks and not loose a single pound.I just continued to turn my old bad habits into new good habits.
One thing I did was replace empty calories with good calories (in moderation of course).Eventually I stopped craving all those snacks and fast food .
It's not something you can do overnight but with some effort and time ,you would be amazed at what you can accomplish.:lifter::lifter::food::lifter:

Last edited:
Well, just thought i'd drop an update. I've almost crossed the 100lb loss mark. As of right now I've lost 93lbs and the goal I set for myself a year and a half ago was 100lbs. Guess when I reach there I need to set a new one. By the way i'm now 227.

Well, just thought i'd drop an update. I've almost crossed the 100lb loss mark. As of right now I've lost 93lbs and the goal I set for myself a year and a half ago was 100lbs. Guess when I reach there I need to set a new one. By the way i'm now 227.

Wow! That's quite an accomplishment! :clap:

Congrats on the 93lbs ... I don't think that last 7lbs is going to be too hard considering the commitment you've shown thus far!

Back