201 T-C chain catcher?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Hedgecutter

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Long time lurker, first time poster........

Can anyone here confirm for me, if the chain catcher is the same common part for the 201 T-C as say the MS 029, or any of the common rear handle smaller saws?
Reason for asking is top handle saws are not too common in my own wee neck of the woods and local Stihl dealer is a little confused queries about parts for one.
They tell me they should be able to order one, but I kind of need it now- not in a weeks time.

Is a near 50 mile round trip for me to take the saw to the local dealer and go through their parts stock to compare- and if they do not have one, it becomes a bit of a wasted trip........
Just asking to see if there is a quick easy answer before I start trying to find part numbers for various chain catchers and compare them online.

Thanks guys, EBay is not really an option for me- most won't deliver here- or the cost of delivery way and above outweighs the cost of the product!
Phoned several local Stihl dealers yesterday- nobody had one in stock........ have got some on order. Knowing my luck there will be none in the country and they will have to come from Aussie...... just like the majority of the parts for my orphan John Deere........:(

Hi, I don't know if this is any help to you, but you can cut down a ms200t chaincatcher to fit.

Cheers.
Seeing as how I might have just found an older 200T that has been torn down and is in parts in a box........ I might just have to order some of those as well.

Yeah, you could in a pinch, most likely make some spare you have on hand fit with some grinding & persuasion. Annoying delivery is not an option for you.
Option #2 is make my own. Have plenty of aluminium flat bar on had in 3 and 5mm, only real problem I see is cold bending 90 degree bends causing tears.

Anneal it first and the bend shouldn't be an issue. Don't need much more than a propane torch to do that.
Does it need true annealing- or just heated at the bends? Should not be too hard of a project to make, hacksaw, files, vice hammer and drill........ but hopefully the dealer comes through before the weekend with some factory ones.

Back