2011 357xp done only 6 tanks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2strokeoil4blood

User of Chainsaws, Destroyer of wood
Reaction score
Treated my self to this today, should arrive in next few days. Guy owned from new and only run 6tanks through it. Cost me $320 USD. How good are these saws? Im about to find out

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210609-190804_Trade Me.jpg
    Screenshot_20210609-190804_Trade Me.jpg
    265.1 KB · Views: 75
  • Screenshot_20210609-190807_Trade Me.jpg
    Screenshot_20210609-190807_Trade Me.jpg
    277.3 KB · Views: 73
  • Screenshot_20210609-190810_Trade Me.jpg
    Screenshot_20210609-190810_Trade Me.jpg
    323.1 KB · Views: 73
When they first came out, I thought they were the best looking saw ever made. Then the trouble started...
Being 2011, i believe it should have the steel intake hose clamp, and it looks to have a manual decompression. As far as I knew that was the only two issues on the earlier models.

The location of the buyer should probably be noted- the model year and what may or may not be included on this particular saw may not be the exact same as in other parts of the World that have much higher sales numbers and stock turn over, or rules that ban such things as dual port mufflers for 046/460 and 066/660 Stihls that we can still walk into a shop and buy here. ;)

Looks like an auto decomp to me.

View attachment 911498

That's manual decomp. Auto is in the same place but would have a hose running to the rear base of the cylinder. When updated, you unscrew the auto decomp, install a standard blue button decomp and plug the barb at the base of the cylinder. These updates are probably 15 years old at this point. I saved all my parts somewhere. Besides, the decomp and intake boot clamp, Husky beefed up the case the front lower AV mount and changed carbs. Mine has all the improvements other than the carb.

Brad, nice to see you around.

Looks good on new bar- it didnt come with one. The wankers at saw shop sold me a chain thats missing 2 links! Hence no chain
Dont the locals have an extra finger per hand up there? That should give you a chain with two extra links- not two short!
20 inch bar and 3/8th inch 0.058 is an industry standard- 72 DL's.
Splash out on your own rolls of chain and make your own chain loops. ;)

I cut a lot of wood with a 359 husqy. Got it from my father in law smoked. New closed port hybrid top end. (Used the port design of a 357xp but keept the displacement of the 359) ported. Very happy little work horse. Used it for years before getting a 562xp. Now it's my back up saw. Still runs great.

Dont the locals have an extra finger per hand up there? That should give you a chain with two extra links- not two short!
Something id like go get into mate, making my own chains!

Depending on where exactly he is, there may be as many with the extra fingers as those with a tendancy to remove them with machinery... So the count could be consistently inconsistent

Latest posts

Back