2011 New 55cc Husqvarna XP chainsaw in catologue, not online :/

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miniburbs36

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey I saw this funky looking xp saw that has 55cc's or close to it that was in between a 357xp and 346xp in the 2011 catologue but I can't find anything about it online... anyone?

No, it had some crazy looking magnesium casing wrapping around the powerhead. It seemed like it could be a pretty sweet saw if only i knew what it was. wish i still had the catologue

That makes me think of the new 560xp/562xp, or the cheaper 555 (all are 60cc) - but you denied that it was? :confused::msp_confused:

Sorry, you are right, in as wrong. It is the 562xp, I would probably look into it more if it didn't have Autotune...

Captive bar nuts?

Two second RevBoost?

I thought the article did a fairly good job of explaining those things?
The rev boost sounds like a tweak to the rev limited coil to me and the captive bar nuts thing is tops in my book. I'm pretty sure the 261 has those as well.

I haven't heard of any issues with autotune, Is there a reason you don't like it?

I like my saws in the raw, Easy to work on, easy to tune, easy to modify. When you start getting into the auto-tune stuff, you don't know whether it is capable of tuning itself for a muffler mod, or porting work. It just doesn't appeal to me. I like old fashioned carburetors. Auto-tune is great for someone who is going to leave their saw stock. Thats just not me. I really think it is an amazing feature, and can really help reduce fuel consumption as well as provide a much better running saw in many different parts of the world. It will always be optimized, and never has to be messed with.

Y'all ready for this?

This afternoon I was in the Hardware/Husky shop, and in slithered the regional Husky Rep.
Flaky younger guy that looked like he should be waiting tables in a Applebe's. Kind of an arrogant prick.
The 555 and 560 wont be out untill late june...maybe.

The 562 designation has been dropped. No reason was offered...
560 will be a large mount.

Delay is over production glitches with emissions..... the maggot wasn't specific when I pressed him, and seemed like he didn't have a damn clue.

Oh...and don't look for a Husky clearing saw with any balls, at a price point that isn't a lot higher than Stihl.
No plans, as what they have now is sufficient and priced in line with the market.
:dizzy: :bang::bang::bang::bang:

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Y'all ready for this?

This afternoon I was in the Hardware/Husky shop, and in slithered the regional Husky Rep.
Flaky younger guy that looked like he should be waiting tables in a Applebe's. Kind of an arrogant prick.
The 555 and 560 wont be out untill late june...maybe.

The 562 designation has been dropped. No reason was offered...
560 will be a large mount.

Delay is over production glitches with emissions..... the maggot wasn't specific when I pressed him, and seemed like he didn't have a damn clue.

Oh...and don't look for a Husky clearing saw with any balls, at a price point that isn't a lot higher than Stihl.
No plans, as what they have now is sufficient and priced in line with the market.
:dizzy: :bang::bang::bang::bang:

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Lol!!!...Same kinda experience with a Stihl rep...(and I am a Shihl guy)
was talking to parts guy about 036/360 clutch bearing difference and in comes the rep
parts guy says..."Here..talk to the rep"....I won't even go into how dumb this dude was
I just hung the phone up...called back later and apologized to the parts dude.
Rep was a county fair...blue ribbon...dumb ass!!!

Last edited:
I have only had the chance to talk to one rep (Husky) and he was great. Had no probs saying "Uhhhh....... I don't know let me call and ask so and so," then comes back with a respectable and informative answer. Great guy, so they aren't all that way.

I have only had the chance to talk to one rep (Husky) and he was great. Had no probs saying "Uhhhh....... I don't know let me call and ask so and so," then comes back with a respectable and informative answer. Great guy, so they aren't all that way.
Absolutely not ...I talked to one from Michigan and he was top notch!!
Sometimes it's just the luck of the draw...I guess??
:cheers:
J2F

Lol!!!...Same kinda experience with a Stihl rep...(and I am a Shihl guy)
was talking to parts guy about 036/360 clutch bearing difference and in comes the rep
parts guy says..."Here..talk to the rep"....I won't even go into how dumb this dude was
I just hung the phone up...called back later and apologized to the parts dude.
Rep was a county fair...blue ribbon...dumb ass!!!

You must have the same Stihl Rep in your area as we do.
No love. He constantly hassles our little local Stihl dealer that is grandfathered in. Pisses me off, and I'm not really a Stihl guy.LOL!!!

The Oregon rep for the area on the other hand is 4.0 knowledgeable, helpfull and cordial. I hate Oregons business practices and don't like thier chain one whit, but dangit if it's hard to dislike 'em totally, with folks like thier Rep out there.

Just glad I don't have to deal any of 'em daily. LOL!!!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I like my saws in the raw, Easy to work on, easy to tune, easy to modify. When you start getting into the auto-tune stuff, you don't know whether it is capable of tuning itself for a muffler mod, or porting work.

Apparently it DOES tune itself for muffler mods, some dude on here MM'ed his 576AT and said it was the "smoothest mufflermodded saw ever" or something to that effect.

Apparently it DOES tune itself for muffler mods, some dude on here MM'ed his 576AT and said it was the "smoothest mufflermodded saw ever" or something to that effect.

My GUESS is that the AT system would handle smaller mods very well, but as an example, if you port and pipe the saw, I don´t believe it can deliever enough fuel.

Just my guess!

Back