"2015 You Suck Thread"-Pictures required

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well you guys asked for it then! I picked this load up for $70., I really just wanted the 5 Stihl saws in the middle but was talked into taking the rest...LOL

2010%2BTrip%2Bto%2BAlaska%2B1325.jpg
A guy on the homelite xl was looking for parts. I think you have that covered

A guy on the homelite xl was looking for parts. I think you have that covered

Those old XL12`s are tough saws but nobody around here wants any of them, we toss them out in the scrap dumpster when they break down, anything more than a fuel line filter or carb kit gets rejected and tossed.

Those old XL12`s are tough saws but nobody around here wants any of them, we toss them out in the scrap dumpster when they break down, anything more than a fuel line filter or carb kit gets rejected and tossed.
Well there is a recent thread help with my homelite xl12 that may want parts or a saw for cheap seals and other items

Well you guys asked for it then! I picked this load up for $70., I really just wanted the 5 Stihl saws in the middle but was talked into taking the rest...LOL

2010%2BTrip%2Bto%2BAlaska%2B1325.jpg

Are you kidding me!!? For that haul, not only should you be ashamed of yourself, you need to get slapped up the back of the head!

Are you kidding me!!? For that haul, not only should you be ashamed of yourself, you need to get slapped up the back of the head!

Well Roger, I was made an offer when I picked those saws up that I could go over to the mill they owned and pick up a couple hundred more saws they had stacked up in an old out building, most of them had been dropped into barrels and covered up with used motor oil.....YUK..!

Not sure if this is a you suck but a pretty decent deal Got these for $40. The breaker is missing the handle (easy enough to deal with) The spinner has the 3/8 anvil in it and handle nothing else came with it. So I need to see if I can source the spinner parts for .325

The breaker was stuck but a little attention and I was abel to take it all apart to clean and lube. Works smoothly. Spinner is all free.
c26f1777fa7107f675085da2c9790924.jpg

Sent from somewhere

Well Roger, I was made an offer when I picked those saws up that I could go over to the mill they owned and pick up a couple hundred more saws they had stacked up in an old out building, most of them had been dropped into barrels and covered up with used motor oil.....YUK..!

Hey! Since they've been stored in oil, you know tey are in pristine condition. Make up a 4' square with heavy screen in the bottom, stack up the saws in that to drip-dry. Check'em out and sell'em! Might be kewl just to see what's in the barrels.

Hey! Since they've been stored in oil, you know tey are in pristine condition. Make up a 4' square with heavy screen in the bottom, stack up the saws in that to drip-dry. Check'em out and sell'em! Might be kewl just to see what's in the barrels.

The mill and all the loggers/tree fellers that worked for them all used Homelite chainsaws, the old mechanic at the mill told me that just about all the saws would be Homelites, most would be partially stripped, some would be scored and others were broken as in run over and tree crushed. Don`t think they would be worth much more than scrap price and dealing with that old used oil would not be pleasant. The parts would be in fine shape though, sealed away from moisture and all, all the saws would be smaller cc wise as they didn`t need big saws for the type of trees the mill used.

The cool thing about that old mill is that just about every piece of equipment they ever used for that mill is still parked around the mill yard, that mill has been there since the mid 1800`s, old trucks with chain drive and spoked wheels on up to mid 1980`s models parked all over.

One wednesday I have to drive for two hours to pick up the stihl 070 I just bought for $100. Will post pics then, its a runner with a 36 inch bar but the old owner who had it 25 years said it got too hard to pull at his age so he bought a Shindaiwa.

The cool thing about that old mill is that just about every piece of equipment they ever used for that mill is still parked around the mill yard, that mill has been there since the mid 1800`s, old trucks with chain drive and spoked wheels on up to mid 1980`s models parked all over.

That would be a cool museum

That would be a cool museum

When I stop in there it takes me back to my childhood, I grew up in and around a mill and this place is a time stopper, they just wore each piece of machinery out and parked it. Stuff there from when teams of Oxen pulled the logs n wood from the forest on up to the grapple loaders on forwarders and tandem trucks.

this may not be for the 2015 year but what the heck,,,, got it off of fleabay a couple of years ago,, he said it only had a few tanks run through it,,, figured when it got here it would be all beat up,,,, nope,,, not a scratch,,,, dang near perfect condition,,,, I fueled it up and made a few cuts with it and packed it up and sent it to randy,,,,,, ohhhh yea,,, did I mention I gave 250 shipped,,

Back