"2015 You Suck Thread"-Pictures required

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen them for $150ish....too much to split a cord a year. The amount of wood i split a year all i need is a wegde and a 4lb drilling hammer:laugh:

the work force maul i got cost me under $40 and it splits anything. had it for 3 years and it just won't break. only gets used for rounds the axe won't split though.

Well it's a new year and no has started this thread for this year so I'll start off.
There's still not a lot of snow here yet so I decided to check out my honey hole of area CAD disposal centers. It's -7 here today, right out of the gate I see a Stihl 08s and I keep digging and another 08s appears.
One is a early model and the other is a later model. I'm not one to brag much on prices so post prices if you want.

Let the Suckage begin.
View attachment 392150
View attachment 392151
View attachment 392152
View attachment 392153
View attachment 392154
that model just wont die,you would think that
with the large mesh screen that you could throw a cat thru
they would get dusted in no time, but the ugly old things
keep motoring on

all my mauls/axes with wood handles are hickory. i just throw them in a bath tub of water for 24hrs to swell the handle so the head stays tight. and run the piss out of them from there. seeing that steven is thinking of danish oil already it seems he wants this thing to be pretty to hang on the wall in his man cave so the water soak isn't needed.

Nowhere near the level of Gary's score, but I scored these 2 18'' GB bars from Left Coast Supply for $12 each. Bought em to go on my 262xps. Might not be the best bar out there but I think they're atleast worth what I paid.View attachment 392293
Steven are these bars true to size? Like a 16" bar a real 16" from the clutch cover or would they be 14" or 15" like some other brand bars?

I paid $155 plus ship. I went back and forth between this and Gransfors, and Wetterlings. Decided to try this one first. Gonna order the Wetterlings next bc I just found them for $112. I have an Iron and Oak Industrial Splitter and am about 8 cords ahead so figured Id sling a few out for some excercise over the winter. Im not needing to play catch up with firewood. I tried a Fiskars already and while it is great for straight grain, it doesnt hold an edge worth a damn and is too light for the Oak Im working on right now. I didnt like the price upfront but Mueller has a 20 year warranty on the tool so over the life of the tool I figure it's pennies a day to own it.

Anyone with one of those would know full well it would be worth a lot more than the asking price. I would say 99% probability some sort of scam, or a chinese clone, etc.
yeah looks that way i got a friend who scored a ms660 for 400$ the seller was hard up i would have snagged it but it being after christmas im financially embarrassed
i got enough junk anyways.

Todays haul. Not a major YOU SUCK, but I don't think I did too bad, especially on the 670's.
The Stihl's will all be for sale when I get a chance to check them out better.
I went to check out the Stihl's, thinking I was going to look at a MS440 that didn't run quite right, and a couple older stihl's. Guy had a funny accent... There was no MS440, only a CS440, an 042 and an 041. Far cry from a ms440, but oh well, I got them and the poulan cheap enough.
Got the two Jonsereds and the 394 parts saw for swapping a running husky 55 and a little cash. The running one is basically ready to cut. Definitely gonna build the 394xp.
Was a good drive on my day off from the sugarbush.

[photo="medium"]2412[/photo]
An 042.....
[photo="medium"]2413[/photo]
Decent looking 041
[photo="medium"]2414[/photo]
Jonsered 670 champ, supposedly was starting to be rebuilt (has good compression) missing chainbrake\clutch cover and air filter\cover I know.
[photo="medium"]2415[/photo]
Poulan 3000, missing air filter and cover
[photo="medium"]2416[/photo]
Echo CS440
[photo="medium"]2417[/photo]
028 wood boss, metal tank no brake
[photo="medium"]2418[/photo]
Running 670 with nearly new powermatch bar and LGX chain!
[photo="medium"]2419[/photo]
AND, a bucket 'O 394xp! Missing carb, intake, and muffler I know. Other than that appears good. piston is a little scuffed from carbon but I think it'll run with it.
[photo="medium"]2420[/photo]

I checked the link.............SERIOUSLY!!!!!! You did well on that!:clap::clap:

Cheers. The stihl turned up today, I'm going to score a bar and chain for it and sell it as soon as the price is deleted from trademe. I had a major bout of CAD over the xmas break and it should pay for my excesses.

Scored a stihl 041 farm boss with a broken starter spring for $40 and a running husky 257 for $55 . Got some good projects now.

A tree service I do repair work for told me to back my truck up and load up all of the parts saws/carcasses. 026 X 10, 020 AV X 8, 028 X 2, 038 X 1, 064 X 1, 335 XPT X 3 (all for parts only) 272 XP (rebuilt carb and she's a runner, and a 3120 XP (have case split for new bearings and p&c). :crazy:

Joe

This may be a you suck...

$10 for 2 identical vintage Partner chainsaw display stands. Hold 4 saws/side so 8 on each rack and have same partner sign on front and back.
6b98ba768f9daa4e49760b4670fe33a9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back