"2015 You Suck Thread"-Pictures required

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rocketnorton

rocketnorton

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Yep all yours! Mike and Ray already claimed 2 of them, you just claimed the last one.

Surprised I don't have a couple pokes on the bow bars yet... They seem to be a hot item sometimes... Probably have my machinist mill one for k095 and paint blue for a makita saw...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are the mounts on the bows?

am interested in bow, mount & $?

BWS-LLC

BWS-LLC

ArboristSite Guru
b1575ed7781cd8158c0413482bef3f62.jpg

200t

Fishinfreak99

Fishinfreak99

ArboristSite Operative
image.jpg Ok guys. I always have the worst luck until bout a month ago. I found this saw on the side of the road in tall grass. Was found exactly like its pictured without b/c. I'm guessing it fell off of a truck because of where it was in a sharp curve. The air filter top is busted and the screws that hold the top cover on are broke on one side. As far as I can tell that is all the damage that was done. The saw runs perfect and is my first 395. I asked around with the logger and tree guys around here and nobody was missing one and it's been a month so I'm claiming it as mine. Don't think I'll ever be this lucky again unless my bad luck comes back and the owner comes a wantin his saw. I would give it back I suppose if he could answer a few important questions first. But anyways that's another subject.image.jpg

Chris_In_VT

Chris_In_VT

Brrraaaaap!
Anyone see that 2171 on VT CL for $40?
I got it :D

Story was it was straight gassed early on and then ran on mix gas till it locked up. Clean low hour saw, I doubt it's had 10 tanks of fuel through it.
image.jpg

It's a bit dirty from storage but seriously low hours on this saw.

Tore into it and the jug actually looks fine. Very little transfer.
It's a shame, but the big end bearing tossed it's cookies :(
image.jpg image.jpg

So not a total "you suck" deal but once I source a good crank and replace that, I'll have a cherry 2171:clap:

Guido Salvage

Guido Salvage

Supreme Saw Whoreder
Got this for free yesterday from a pawn shop buddy. The trigger is broken and the operator presence lever does not spring back. Manufactured in 2013 it is 4 cycle. Anyone know anything about them, who made it or where to find parts?

image.jpg

calebng15

calebng15

Always lookin' for somthing to cut!
Got this for free yesterday from a pawn shop buddy. The trigger is broken and the operator presence lever does not spring back. Manufactured in 2013 it is 4 cycle. Anyone know anything about them, who made it or where to find parts?

image-jpg.420710

I believe Tractor Supply sells them, or at least used to. Don't know much about them though.

redfin

redfin

Fish & Chips!!!
Anyone see that 2171 on VT CL for $40?
I got it :D

Story was it was straight gassed early on and then ran on mix gas till it locked up. Clean low hour saw, I doubt it's had 10 tanks of fuel through it.
View attachment 420693

It's a bit dirty from storage but seriously low hours on this saw.

Tore into it and the jug actually looks fine. Very little transfer.
It's a shame, but the big end bearing tossed it's cookies :(
View attachment 420695 View attachment 420696

So not a total "you suck" deal but once I source a good crank and replace that, I'll have a cherry 2171:clap:
Wow, that dude got hot!

Guido Salvage

Guido Salvage

Supreme Saw Whoreder
Checked the oil in the free trimmer, put gas in it and pulled on it about 10 times and it is a runner! My Stihl/Echo dealer apparently sells them, will see if I can get a throttle so it is usable.

Rx7man

Rx7man

Cattle Rubbing Post
I got an old Yazoo lawnmower for $50 at an auction yesterday.. brought it home, did an oil change (rusty crud in there), cleaned the fuel tank and carb out and she fired up with a couple pulls.. will have a bit more work to do going over the bearings and rewelding a couple little cracks in it, but it's in pretty good shape.. I will post pics soon... it's a 36" twin blade with a 10hp briggs, and a 'tow behind' seat

Rx7man

Rx7man

Cattle Rubbing Post
OK, here's the Yazoo

I think that's a score for $50... I'm going to have to spend about $70 in new belts and a few new idler pulley bearings, but it isn't bashed up, engine runs good (after a bit of work), has sharp blades, clutches, brakes and gearboxes are all perfect... I know I wouldn't want to have to buy a machine built with that kind of quality today!