2016 Christmas giveaway

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a PriorityStart ProMax automatic battery disconnect if anybody wants it. Free shipping to lower 48.
a8346fb366377a97eae52fa4aedcdbbd.jpg

Gifted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got a PriorityStart ProMax automatic battery disconnect if anybody wants it. Free shipping to lower 48.
a8346fb366377a97eae52fa4aedcdbbd.jpg

Curious how that works? Does it auto disconnect below a certain voltage and then reconnect when a current is demanded?

Yes, basically. I forget the voltage, something like 12.2 I think. The little black wire goes to the ground lug on the battery. When you use something that goes to ground, usually your brake lights, it reconnects. My wife has an 04 Escalade, and was having some issues with parasitic voltage drain from all the stupid new fangled computer crap they put on cars now. It helped, but just kinda disguised it. Replaced the battery, and all is well. Guys with corvettes are big users of these apparently. Parasitic battery drain combined with driving the vehicle once a month leads to a dead battery. I'll keep my 97 4Runner. Basically only computer is the fuel injection. Keep it simple.

Yes, basically. I forget the voltage, something like 12.2 I think. The little black wire goes to the ground lug on the battery. When you use something that goes to ground, usually your brake lights, it reconnects. My wife has an 04 Escalade, and was having some issues with parasitic voltage drain from all the stupid new fangled computer crap they put on cars now. It helped, but just kinda disguised it. Replaced the battery, and all is well. Guys with corvettes are big users of these apparently. Parasitic battery drain combined with driving the vehicle once a month leads to a dead battery. I'll keep my 97 4Runner. Basically only computer is the fuel injection. Keep it simple.

Yea all the new stuff will kill a battery. My 01 highlander has no issues or aftermarket crap and will kill a 2 year old battery in like 2 months or so of not using it. Kill it dead.

If it shuts off at 12.2 that's basically dead on a 12 battery it must be higher than that. Close to like 12.5 I would think. But that's cool gadget.

These new cars will certainly kill them if you don't use it every few weeks for sure.

Yea all the new stuff will kill a battery. My 01 highlander has no issues or aftermarket crap and will kill a 2 year old battery in like 2 months or so of not using it. Kill it dead.

If it shuts off at 12.2 that's basically dead on a 12 battery it must be higher than that. Close to like 12.5 I would think. But that's cool gadget.

These new cars will certainly kill them if you don't use it every few weeks for sure.
Battery tenders are your friend!

Long Shot

My neighbor installed in-floor heating and has lots of this PEX tubing left over. He was going to toss it, but I volunteered to take it to the Habitat Re-Use store. If anybody wants it for an OWB or something, please let me know soon, and you can intercept it. 2 coils as shown. Length? Local pickup in Saint Paul, MN. Don't even ask about shipping! Need to get it out of the garage fairly soon.

IMG_5891.jpg IMG_5892.jpg

Philbert

It's pretty low, but I don't know the voltage. 12.2 is only like 30% charge. It's basically made as a last ditch "omg I want my car to start one time to get me home" device.

I know its not much but, I 1219161500.jpg 1219161501.jpg 1219161502.jpg have a 46cc Poulan engine. No scoring and feels like good bearings. I went to take pictures and discovered that 3 of the bolts that mount it to the chassis are broken off in the engine. Doesn't look like it would be too hard to get them out. If anyone would like it I will pay shipping to the lower 48. I included a picture of the case it came out of. The case is messed up pretty bad, so just the engine.

Back