201t

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1I'dJak

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I missed out on the whole changeover from the 200 to the 201...Went buy one yesterday and was in for a shock. Has anyone worked with on of these? I was told they lack the chain speed and the torque of the 200t. They look less durable as well. For the climbing I due I need the power and the durability of a 200t. I can't afford to buy a fragile gutless saw...Anyone know where some might still be in stock? Or is the 201 not as bad as it looks?

I missed out on the whole changeover from the 200 to the 201...Went buy one yesterday and was in for a shock. Has anyone worked with on of these? I was told they lack the chain speed and the torque of the 200t. They look less durable as well. For the climbing I due I need the power and the durability of a 200t. I can't afford to buy a fragile gutless saw...Anyone know where some might still be in stock? Or is the 201 not as bad as it looks?

Blakes just bought one, he has only used it a few times. Maybe he can answer when he runs a few more tanks thru it. Was it the same price or more?

I'm still on the fence about it. Mine is no where near broke in but it seems torquey in the cut though it doesn't rev up as fast. They do feel a little chinsy but if I can remember the last time I held a brand new 200 it felt the same as well. Probably a mental thing with a shiny new saw. Gotta get it marred up a bit and worn in to tell whether it'll take the abuse. It doesn't mind endless big wood like the 200s did either. Would always have to rev up my 200 a few times after a big cut to clear it out so it would start easier. Not so with this saw. The balance is still spot on like the 200 and it's a bit sleeker ( not as boxy ) which will aid in moving around the tree. I'll do a side by side vid comparison sometime this weekend and find out the real deal for sure. Only had it a few days. Time will tell if it's as good or not.

Had to replace a 200 last week and was looking forward to trying a 201, but they are not up in Canada yet (or so my dealer told me) so I ended up getting another 200t.

I was happy with the 200 anyway. Figured I'll end up owning a 201 eventually. :msp_tongue:

They're still selling them out in TO ? I can't seem to find any here on the island (200t's that is), 201 is taking over. I'd even consider ordering one from Ontario if I knew I could get one....Do you know anywhere back that way that's still selling 200t's? My sister lives in London I'm considering sending her on a mission to pick me up one and sending one my way. If you could point me in the right direction that'd be much appreciated Squad 143!!

They're still selling them out in TO ? I can't seem to find any here on the island (200t's that is), 201 is taking over. I'd even consider ordering one from Ontario if I knew I could get one....Do you know anywhere back that way that's still selling 200t's? My sister lives in London I'm considering sending her on a mission to pick me up one and sending one my way. If you could point me in the right direction that'd be much appreciated Squad 143!!

Pretty sure they were released in Europe before N. America so you'd have better luck here if you need one. From what my dealer told me he can't get anymore from the factory so if you're dead set on finding one hit every saw shop you can to see if anyone had a stockpile of them that haven't yet sold. There's probably a few kicking around in my town but the 201T is just fine so someone else can chase them down.

That's where the Stihl warehouse is in London. I will check for you today to see about getting you one. My e-mail is at the bottom of my signature if you want to send me one.

Last edited:

My local dealer checked, he has none, and the warehouse in London has none either. It's whatever dealer has em left on their shelves now! I can get the new 201 for $599.00 though w/14" or 16" bar.

I am going to wait a good while to see how this new saw does.I have 7 of the 200 Ts and I understand the parts wont swap so it may be a waste of money.It sure is nice to have everything swap parts for backup.If this new saw is a dynamo I may sell the oldies and get 3 or 4 new ones.I still think it will take 6 months to a year to see how they hold up.

PM sent.

Let me know how you made out.

Thanks squad...I phoned them yesterday and they're looking into the least expensive way to ship it out here... cheaper to...639.00 he quoted me at...here' they're over 700.00...I appreciated the help...not yet prepared to run one of those new ones....stay with the tried and true 200t!
cheers

the saw sounds like the ms190 i only climb with it 3 hrs today so time well tell them the same price as the ms200t $670..00
1z68cj4.jpg

Looks good to me. lighter, more streamlined, probably other benefits too. We have a trial of this saw next week so will see how it goes. Either way you will have to switch to it eventually when the old 200s run out...

Latest posts

Back