2101xp/ top all time muscle saws!!!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would last all but two seconds after listing in my area. People sell saws for very reasonable prices out by you norm. I would have bought that one

hey got a question. what sprocket are you all runnin on your 2100's? running a 7 now with a hungry square skip. wondering if a little more chain speed would be nice. pulls great now to the point of plugging the cover in soft stuff . oh yea it's a 36. thank's .

I haven't had a chance to try an 8 on one yet... but judging from how strongly mine pull a 36" with a 7, I don't think there'd be any problem... especially with full skip.

I agree with you guy's on the be gone fast! Man still thinking and was close. Sum beech, and yes some good deals hear at times for sure! I also agree I am sure those things would eat up a 8pin easily! Sachsmo what's up!! Great to see you been awhile:msp_thumbup:

Anyone running 088's ? Kind of like to get one to see what they are all about. They are not readily available around here so the wait may be a long one for one in my price range. Is the 3120 better?

Last edited:
uzu8u8ez.jpg
so my 2100 piston has scoring depressions. I have removed the transfer off the cylinder and attempted to buff the piston. There are no raised areas. I am resembling right now and will do another compression check. It was 145 with transfer on cylinder.
nytyhyre.jpg
7ebaqyte.jpg

No little buddy, have to size it up first, and hoping you would want to join???? Maybe the 750 will be ready! Supposed to be a good one:rockn:

Sounds like fun. Hope to have John's 750 ready. Going to see if I can get the flywheel off today and change out that crank seal. John will need to get a chain for it.

R2D, Looks like it should be fine after a buff job and honing:) Ive seen worse still going strong after a good clean up job!

R2D, Looks like it should be fine after a buff job and honing:) Ive seen worse still going strong after a good clean up job!

Thanks. It will be in good hands. One of our members is giving me a Christmas present ;) and will be doing the final touches. I also located some new thin rings with good used pistons from another member. Just might have to do another one of these in the future.

Here is one more pic for ya. When Shaun gets it, he will probably start a new thread for it. He will be doing some welding, honing, tapping, drilling, and 'tickling the ports'.
e9apemuq.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone running 088's ? Kind of like to get one to see what they are all about. They are not readily available around here so the wait may be a long one for one in my price range. Is the 3120 better?

I'd rather have 2 huskies than a stihl any day.

Here is one more pic for ya. When Shaun gets it, he will probably start a new thread for it. He will be doing some welding, honing, tapping, drilling, and 'tickling the ports'.
e9apemuq.jpg

Finally! A saw I don't have to clean first. You better roll that thing around in the mud for a bit, I'd hate to get spoiled.

Good deal Aaron. I am hoping to get the Canon back on, and do it justice:msp_biggrin: I lean more toward the Husky side as well. I agree nice to clean saws first before you work on them, or send them off to a friend. I know I would:rock:

Ok met a new friend from C-list today, he called me back about saw parts, got a new friend and fellow Husky addict, and yes I cam to the conclusion I am a Husky addict, and mostly the big ones:msp_tongue:

Ok met a new friend from C-list today, he called me back about saw parts, got a new friend and fellow Husky addict, and yes I cam to the conclusion I am a Husky addict, and mostly the big ones:msp_tongue:

Hey Norm. I am not quite a husky addict yet but do understand the big saw part. I have smaller saws but they don't put the grin on my face that a 85cc or larger saw does.

Nothing wrong with that Mike, not at all! I love saws, and big saws:msp_thumbup: Smallest I have anymore is my 372, love it. I do love my 660, would love to have a 166,694, 9010. 394 and a 395, that's normal eh?:hmm3grin2orange:

Nothing wrong with that Mike, not at all! I love saws, and big saws:msp_thumbup: Smallest I have anymore is my 372, love it. I do love my 660, would love to have a 166,694, 9010. 394 and a 395, that's normal eh?:hmm3grin2orange:

I couldn't part with my 064. I have had other saws in the same class and end up selling them. I am interested in the 390, 288 and 395. Hear good things about converting a 261 to a 262 by changing the piston. Could be a fun project if i ever found a blown 261

064 is one fine saw, love em, yeah I would keep that too! Yeah 288's are sweet I always have had a love for them. The 390 forgot that on my list, but yes want that too! I have heard of the 261-262 projects, nice saws.

Latest posts

Back