2101xp/ top all time muscle saws!!!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a fairly unused, used 32" bar and chain for the 2100
tu7y5uru.jpg

Pulled my parts, or rebuild 2100 cylinder, to see how bad cylinder was. To my surprise, it was imaculate, and one maybe two minor score on the piston, think would buff right off. Bad news found out why it was hard to turn over, oxidation in the case, thinking crank bearings. Looks like water got inside or moderate moisture. Either way tons of great parts, including a 136c unlimited carb. And now I have two very clean 2100 cylinders!:clap:

Good deal, he will get it rockin and rolling! Sorry about your son's arm. I am actually considering selling my 660, to but another big husky:msp_biggrin:

Yes, and dam they are great saws, those 66's. Even though I have more huskies, and lean toward husky, it would be hard to part with the 66. Of all the stihl's my utmost favorite.

Pretty decent 2100, been after was at my saw shop, saw it was gone today, guy picked it up, and never has money just needs ring my friends at the shop tell me, thin ring 2100. 200 bucks, I aske Aaron first, so wating to hear back.

Pretty decent 2100, been after was at my saw shop, saw it was gone today, guy picked it up, and never has money just needs ring my friends at the shop tell me, thin ring 2100. 200 bucks, I aske Aaron first, so wating to hear back.

2 beans ? I'd be on that like stink on poop !! :msp_w00t:

2 beans ? I'd be on that like stink on poop !! :msp_w00t:

Yep. It's killin' me........but I just can't do it this close to Christmas. Afterwards if the guy still has it (dream on, I know) then maybe.....:popcorn:

Yep. It's killin' me........but I just can't do it this close to Christmas. Afterwards if the guy still has it (dream on, I know) then maybe.....:popcorn:

No Kidding! I just traded one of my 2100s that ran great but was real rough (broken out housing aroung the choke lever) for 1800 bf of clear cedar! Says something about our domestic market!

No Kidding! I just traded one of my 2100s that ran great but was real rough (broken out housing aroung the choke lever) for 1800 bf of clear cedar! Says something about our domestic market!
Good to see you my friend:msp_thumbup: Aaron I agree, but I think if you explained to the family it's one of the finest muscle saws's ever, they would understand an IOU for Christmas:msp_tongue::msp_rolleyes:

Had a junk 2100CD give to me , scatered piston and wasted cyl, it looks as if the bearings , crank and case are good, I have most everything to make her run ,i will try and get picures posted soon:)

Awesome Cary! I have an extra too, bearings bad, moisture inside, all else is real good so a great parts or build saw. Was thinking of rebuild, but it is a stock pile of great parts.

How bads the break?

Hi Cary, Well it was missing a chunk of the case completely that held the support. I thought about rigging a span support for the choke lever but, it just had a small wire hanging out connected to the choke...it worked but was a bit of a pain to get ahold of once started. The guy absolutely loves the saw and really didnt care. B4 I traded it I was thinking of getting a new used case and doing a complete resto on it since it had quite a few NOS parts. Well its gone now. I still have my main 2100 and the 2101 so Im good. I do have a crazy good trade offer on the table for the 2101 that puts the trade value at $1000-$1100 liquid value so considering.

Dave

Good to see you my friend:msp_thumbup: Aaron I agree, but I think if you explained to the family it's one of the finest muscle saws's ever, they would understand an IOU for Christmas:msp_tongue::msp_rolleyes:

You too Norm! Almost called you yesterday as I have an offer on the table for the 2101 for trade that would include me getting an stock original non- G 090 so I am considering...Tough, I am wondering what effect the cheap chinese parts for the 090s that allow you to virtually put together an 090 for little is having on those saws. I just have noticed quite a few 090s recently selling pretty cheap? Any thoughts?

Dave

Oh and one more thing...I am keeping you in mind as I put together my left over 1100,2100,2101 parts....just need to be sure I dont need them. Of course, I am sure once I let them go Murphy WILL come along!

Dave

Back