2101xp/ top all time muscle saws!!!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm here to - waiting for some bits to make my 2100's live again.
I rebuilt an early 36mm Stihl 009 today - is that a muscle saw? It is about the size of one of our delicious green lip oysters. (A kind of mussel).

Al.

Where is all the muscle saw lovers, am I the last one:msp_w00t:

Still here Norm! Just had a 2100 out to finish off some firewood... It RIPS with a .404-8 rim and a 28" bar! :clap: Wish I took some pics but the phone was on charge in the truck. Maybe I'll get to take it out on a job this coming saturday... there will be pics for sure.

Last edited:
I'm here to - waiting for some bits to make my 2100's live again.
I rebuilt an early 36mm Stihl 009 today - is that a muscle saw? It is about the size of one of our delicious green lip oysters. (A kind of mussel).

Al.

Al, an 009L was my very first saw many years ago... Kind of what started all this madness! So, I guess I could say, in a round about way it led me to muscle saws! :D I still own it but sadly it spends all of it's time on the shelf...

still here norm. the ol girl is on the bench waiting for some new seals. she look's lonely sitting there.:frown: but the 288 still get's a good helping of fiber.:msp_wink:

Last edited:
IMAG2282.jpg
. Love these saws... :D

Man that's a sharp filter.

Beats the hell out of them old foam deals the used to put on 'em.

attachment.php

Nice saws, and filters my friends. I love them both too never get tired of seeing or running them. Got an Oak down on one of the hunting ranches, saw from a distance yesterday, looked as I had hoped to have some worthy wood.

Ran some yellow muscle a couple weeks ago, been cold up here so no cutting just splitting and trying to keep the house a toasty 78*

Photo0700_zpseafb7391.jpg

I needed this like another hole in my head. For all practical purposes it's new. I'm not sure I'm man enough to start the thing. It will be next week before I can play with it.

Replaced the fuel line and rebuilt the carb. I pulled it one time and it fired, took the choke off and it ran great in a cloud of blue smoke. I thought this is impossible. Then I remembered that I had squirted a good jig of mix in the spark plug hole when I first got it to loosen things up. Chain kept running so I replaced the spring. Man, I like this saw. Reminds me of a big block with a racing cam. It is a bear to pull over but it doesn't kick back bad like some saws. Oils like crazy, can't imagine why you would need the extra squirt. Too cool.

Here is my newest muscle saw. A nice Stihl 056 super. I recently bought it off of craigslist for $80, then I had it ported. WOW!! I put a 32" bar with a skip tooth chain on it, man what a torque monster. Here are some pictures of it getting used for the first time. I bucked up a pile of red oak logs then ripped them all, good times.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Replaced the fuel line and rebuilt the carb. I pulled it one time and it fired, took the choke off and it ran great in a cloud of blue smoke. I thought this is impossible. Then I remembered that I had squirted a good jig of mix in the spark plug hole when I first got it to loosen things up. Chain kept running so I replaced the spring. Man, I like this saw. Reminds me of a big block with a racing cam. It is a bear to pull over but it doesn't kick back bad like some saws. Oils like crazy, can't imagine why you would need the extra squirt. Too cool.
i know the feeling so well my friend, and nothing like it! All of it's Own... Andy good to see ya, looks like my old 56 super, loved it served me well, ton's of power, good old tough, rugged and reliable saw:rock:

Latest posts

Back