2101xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There may be a couple more,,,but I am not sure. It would be nice if someone with the knowlege would enlighten us.

Welp I was hoping the 288 but why no aftermarket
a new one costs 362.00
Yea, it really pi$$es me off too. I need two cylinder kits:cry:

HOW BOUT IT BAILEYS??????????????????

YOU GUYS OUT THERE? Maybe you can get your Chinese buddies to punch out some thin ring pistons while your at it:greenchainsaw:

Yea, it really pi$$es me off too. I need two cylinder kits:cry:

HOW BOUT IT BAILEYS??????????????????

YOU GUYS OUT THERE? Maybe you can get your Chinese buddies to punch out some thin ring pistons while your at it:greenchainsaw:

Funny you say that. Our Taiwanese friends (They are very nationalistic and don't appreciate being called Chinese for some reason) currently make a 2101 piston with standard rings, so they could probably make the thin ring version very easily. Were the thin ring versions just made from standard cast? We just got in our first shipment of moly coated ductile cast iron rings for the 046 big bore. so testing is on the way. I venture to say we can get nearly any type of ring made if the order quantity is big enough. The rings are actually made at a Nippon factory, so the quality is very good. If you are interested, email Gregg.

nik

The piston is different entirely. I'll sacrifice a good one to the r&d gods if it means pistons and rings for everybody.

BTW the difference in the piston besides the rings may be the biggest advantage.

Fred

Like Mr said, completely different. If you set them side by side you wouldn't even think they fit the same saw. The thin ring piston has a deeper skirt and the transfer windows are around twice the size, I think this makes more difference than the rings do for performance. I never could figure out why husqvarna didn't punch out a zillion of them. My local dealer swears up and down that they never existed.

I would sacrifice a thin ring piston also, for a couple of new ones in trade of course:greenchainsaw:

Latest posts

Back