2171 Vs 372xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello, You have to change the big black cover (on top of the red saw body) on the 2171, not just the small cover covering the air filter. If you want I can take a pic some day. A friend of mine runs that setup. I didn't say the HD filter is that good ;) It gives a liiiiittle more power. I don't use it since I think the saw becomes more bulky and the gain is so small.

Hey Peter I gotta crow to pick with you. How come the 372 is the World Champion and the 2171 is not, same saw aint it, I'm highly disappointed, I think the 2171 is a better looking saw and should have the same honor. Relay that to the higher up's overthere will ya.

I think both husky and jonsereds are pretty identical saws except for the color and some parts like handle bar or so. No need to say that they have some very nice common models, but why Husqvarna is selling those nearly identical saws as different brands is beyond my understanding. Must be a marketing strategy for sure...:dizzy:

I think both husky and jonsereds are pretty identical saws except for the color and some parts like handle bar or so. No need to say that they have some very nice common models, but why Husqvarna is selling those nearly identical saws as different brands is beyond my understanding. Must be a marketing strategy for sure...:dizzy:

Beats me Begian but I like the two tone red and black over the solid orange. Spike said something about only the J-red gets the best of the cylinders on their saws. Is puzzling must admit. I can't deny they both run well but Peter is in this thread so thats all I'm gonna givem for now,LOL

Hey Peter I gotta crow to pick with you. How come the 372 is the World Champion and the 2171 is not, same saw aint it, I'm highly disappointed, I think the 2171 is a better looking saw and should have the same honor. Relay that to the higher up's overthere will ya.

Stihl should put something like that on the 440 oh wait they don't make those anymore.

I thought i read somewhere her that they checked the pistons and cylinders and the top 10% were used on jonsered next 80% on huskys
or was that just some bull posted by a straight handle fan?

Oh yes, that was complete bull, which I admited later on in the thread. Most guys laughed, a couple got fooled for a little bit.

Now it is true that the Jonsereds are only hand assembled by the most senior technicians.

Well OK, that's bull too!:givebeer:

Oh yes, that was complete bull, which I admited later on in the thread. Most guys laughed, a couple got fooled for a little bit.

Now it is true that the Jonsereds are only hand assembled by the most senior technicians.

Well OK, that's bull too!:givebeer:

Well, what is true is that they are a whole lot better looking than a Husky, but I guess that's been mentioned a time or two in this thread already.:)

Hello, You have to change the big black cover (on top of the red saw body) on the 2171, not just the small cover covering the air filter. If you want I can take a pic some day. A friend of mine runs that setup. I didn't say the HD filter is that good ;) It gives a liiiiittle more power. I don't use it since I think the saw becomes more bulky and the gain is so small.

OMG dude, you got issues.

First Off I don't care about the top covers. There`is no power difference between the filters. Get over yourself. I tried it with timed cuts one a 372 topped 365 body. The HD filter is for the lazy people that don't like to clean the filters.

The low profile filter is the only one available on the winter models because of freezing is possible with the HD filter when the conditions are right.

2ndly, If I want a good runnning 372/2171 I gotta swap the piston from an older inferior model to make it run worth a hoot.

OMG dude, you got issues.

First Off I don't care about the top covers. There`is no power difference between the filters. Get over yourself. I tried it with timed cuts one a 372 topped 365 body. The HD filter is for the lazy people that don't like to clean the filters.

The low profile filter is the only one available on the winter models because of freezing is possible with the HD filter when the conditions are right.

2ndly, If I want a good runnning 372/2171 I gotta swap the piston from an older inferior model to make it run worth a hoot.

If you would continue reading I just mentioned that the HD filter has very little
affect on the power. However, I think this might vary depending on how the rest of the saw is set up. Stock, muffler mod, woods port, woodsport + muffler mod etc.

To do a proper change over you also have to change the break handle.

attachment.php

Very good post, sorry I am out of rep bullets right now.......:clap: :clap:

Last edited:
To do a proper change over you also have to change the break handle.

attachment.php

Did you notice clearance problems with the black chain brake handle?

One of them clears when doing the crossover swap, I just don't remember which one one which saw...lol.

I'm thinking the grey handle doesn't work 100% with the black top cover, but it canbe made to work.

Got a pic of the gas tank side? I'm curious as to what you said about the misssing screw hole or ?????

Sorry......:popcorn:

He still didn't answer my question about the HD filter on XPG or W models though....

Don't know what the question was, but I run the HD filter on my 372xpgw with no freezing problems yet, but I don't see any performance gains with the HD filter though and that was the purpose of the filter/top-cover change:p
hope this helps you a little bit ,,,,,

I believe the high HD filters only have a purpose in extremely dusty conditions, provided you clean the filter once a day or so - otherwise they just add a tad of weight and bulk, for no purpose.

:greenchainsaw:

Latest posts

Back