$25 I have blown all year

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

struggle

Got stumps?
Reaction score
I was out picking in TallGuys backyard and came home with these. Between the two 81s I should have a runner. The 360 I will part out or use to get anther one I have here running.

The 81 with the cover has tons of compression the other one the piston for sure is bad as they have the carb loose and it is scored top side.
24" mac bar on the one
a9e6u9eh.jpg

Meant to say best $25 I have spent all year!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cant beat that price! Those SP80's and SP81's are bad mama-jammas, and rival todays standards in power to weight imo. Nice score(s)!

The one with an air-filter cover pulled 160 on compression and was pulling the recoil handle out of my hand and has spark but broken handle. I think wiht a little parts swap out it will be a runner.

Is the porting better on the 80 series over the 800s or the same? I see they use the same pistons. Who ever has it stuck a promac610 air-filter on it:dizzy:

The one with an air-filter cover pulled 160 on compression and was pulling the recoil handle out of my hand and has spark but broken handle. I think wiht a little parts swap out it will be a runner.

Is the porting better on the 80 series over the 800s or the same? I see they use the same pistons. Who ever has it stuck a promac610 air-filter on it:dizzy:

Nice score, Shane! Some of those 800 saws have the 'Q port' exhaust port design, which makes the saw easier to start. It is felt by some (me included) that this is accomplished at the expense of some power. In almost all cases, the older design will have better compression and 'pop.'

I have some pics and can explain later. I'm pumping gas now and I'm still a couple hours from home. So, if no one beats me to it I'll report back later.

Joey

As you can see, the different shaped exhaust port will relieve combustion pressure sooner verses the oval shaped port. This results in more RPM and more HP is claimed in mcculloch ads. My experience is that it decreases torque. I can tell it doesn't pull as hard when I really dog it.

Does the 360 have spark? Looking to resurrect my father-inlaws saw for my son. It has been on my bench since he passed away last spring and I really want to get it going for this winter.

I have another one here that does as I poured some fuel down it and it fired. PM me

Latest posts

Back