266 Husky problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

372dude

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I gotta start off by saying that you fellas have an awsome site here with lots of good info and good people as well! Anyhow my uncle left me his old 266 SE today and told me to "make it run"....he had the coil wire changed before and that seemed to make it work right for a while then it just quit.....I tried one of my old coil wires that came of running saws and still no go....i got to thinking that the guy who installed the coil wire did it wrong(it was loose) and toasted the coil?....How would i go about checking the coil....and is it worth the money to buy a new one and a new wire(he paid $100 for the saw)?...Anyhow fellas It would be great if i could get a few of ya's to chime in on this one and see if we can't get er running!

Hmm,if the wire is well screwe inside and no fire,then check this.Be sure the two wires under the small bolt are ok.I mean ,check if the terminals are well connected to the wire because sometimes the got sepaarated from and the hold only by the the plastic.And still no spark,then its probably the big transistor unit.The coil itself rarely miss.Make your check with the ignition switch disconnected.If you can get used parts,Jonserd 625,630 and Husky 162,266,61 will fit on your saw.

I checked all that stuff out and still nothing....he doesn't have his shut off switch hooked up(i know really dangerous) but i plan to gear one up for him....does anyone have a wiring diagram for the 266?

Back